10.29.2008

In Her Eyes

Today finds me completely overwhelmed with the most inexplicable happiness. What it’s from exactly, I couldn’t say—life is just so sweet right now. I am so blessed above and beyond what I ever expected.

I looked at my momma today...such an incandescent knowledge and love rests in her being. What did I do to deserve her? How did I end up being the daughter of someone so incredibly good? How did God know that everything I need in a mother lay in that beautiful, spunky, courageous, faithful, loving, and Godly woman who birthed me?

My aspirations are born from my momma’s giant cheesy grins. My inspiration is revived every time she encourages me…every time she teaches me…every time she tells me she loves me. My passions are reborn in every reoccurring conversation we share. My heart is enriched when I look into her eyes. Those eyes are so special—They’ve looked at me sympathetically when I was sick, they’ve held the tears that spilled for me, they’ve witnessed a thousand sunrises and sunsets with me, they’ve read God’s words countless times...why did God give those eyes such a love for me?

I’m on my knees, humbled before you today, Lord. You’ve given me so much, and yet You receive almost nothing in return. Give me the ability to give You your heart’s desire…a soul yearning for your touch…a breath breathed for your glory…a heart ready to rest in Your hands…Lord, help me never to take for granted the amazing blessings You’ve given to me. I surrender myself to You Lord. Take me and make me what you will. I love you.

11 comments. :

Kaly said...

beautiful, you have a very special way to exprese yourself.
I am sure your mom is very proud to have a daugther like you.
big kiss and take care
Clara

Mamasphere said...

This amazing blog wasn't what I was expecting when I clicked over. You are talented indeed.

This post is enough to warm EVERY mother's heart.

Jill said...

Abigail - love the picture with your Mom!

I'm so touched by your comment!

Thank you for stopping by my blog.

Lexi would love to invite you to read her blog - can you email at InHisgrace7@gmail.com so that I can send you an invite?

Thanks and love!
Mrs Samter

Christina said...

Hi Abigail! I LOVE your blog! You are an amazing artist! God has gifted you with true talent! This post about your mom is very special! :) I can't wait to read more of your blog!

Love in Christ,
Christina

Christina said...

Hello again, Abigail! I just wanted to tell you that I am part of Mrs. Samter's Bible Study, and just wanted to say "Hi!" I'll look forward to following your blog!

You are an amazing girl, just by reading your posts I can see your love for Christ and everything He's created! Praise God!

Again, you are a very talented artist and I am blown away at your artwork!

Love in Christ,
Christina

Lexi said...

Hey Abigail!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! OH my gosh you blow me away with your art work girl!! You are amazing and God has given you such a talent for that!

To answer your question, I am 14 yrs old! :)

Can't wait to get to know you better as we follow each others blogs!

Lexi <><

Halfling said...

Thank you for writing that! I needed to hear what you had to say. That is such a beautiful prayer at the end. It almost made me feel like crying.

~Victoria

Olivia said...

That was very beautiful Abigail! Thanks also for the comment on my blog. It was very encouraging and a total answer to my constant prayer that the Lord will somehow use me, no matter if it is in a big or small way. I hope we can keep in contact in the future too. Soli Deo Gloria!

Abigail Kraft said...

Thank you everyone for your encouraging words. I look forward to hearing your feedback and thoughts on my posts in the future!

In His arms,
--Abigail

Anonymous said...

Hey Abigal! Your blog is wonderful. I see that we do agree on many things. I also see that Olivia has dropped by also! I so wish I could write (and other things such as worship and pray) without the reserve that you seem to have no problem with. God has truely blessed you with that ability. I would really like to get to know you better!
Kelsea

Jill said...

Abigail,

Your prayer made me cry. WOW!

So much wisdom in your post!

Such love He has blessed you with and gifts that will last a lifetime as you become a mother one day!

With much love,
Mrs. Samter

Post a Comment