2.03.2009

Jonas' Gift





Join me in "Wednesday's walk down memory lane".

---

A couple of weeks ago, my awesome little bro, Indiana Jones (um…I mean, Jonas) did the most adorable thing which I just had to share with you all. When we make grocery shopping trips, we typically don’t all unload from the van and go in places together, so we kids take turns going into the store with Momma. Well, after a short debate in the car, we decided on this trip that it was Jonas’ turn to go into the store with Momma.

So, I sat in the car with the rest of the kiddos. We carried on casual conversation and listened to a bit of music to pass the time. After about half an hour, I looked in the rearview mirror and saw my little brother hand in hand with my momma walking back to the van. I briefly took notice of the cute picture, and then waited for them to get in so that we could get going.

Jonas crawled into the seat behind me saying in his cute five year old voice “Abigail! Cecily! I got you something!” I looked back and what I saw brought a huge smile to my face. Clenched in his outstretched hands was a big bouquet of pink flowers. “Do you like them?” he asked us, with a sweet sparkle in his eyes. Cecily and I both expressed our adoration of his affectionate gesture, and it gave him the strongest sense of accomplishment that he had done something nice for his sisters.

I just had to tell you all this sweet story and share a picture that I got of him smelling the flowers which brought a smile to my face every time I looked at them.


---
To read more memories, please visit Lynnette Kraft @ Dancing Barefoot.

17 comments. :

Lynette said...

What a sweet memory-how lovely to see how Jonas' Gift blessed him in giving it as much as it did you and your sister receiving it!

lynette x

Lynnette Kraft said...

It blessed my heart when he told me he wanted to buy flowers for his sisters. I just had to say "Okay". He picked them all by himself!

Love you.
Momma

Tanya said...

That is so sweet!!! What a precious memory for sure. :)

I have a little boy who loves to bring me bouquets of flowers, his little face just lights up with joy when I take them and place them in a vase.

Thanks for sharing!

Linda said...

Hi Ab,...I never heard this story...It's precious! It makes me long to come up and camp out at your house so that I can join in on these types of moments.
I miss you all.
Love, Grandma

Julie said...

That is just SO precious! What a sweet brother! Adorable pic too!!

Nutty mom-- said...

that is just too precious. You can really tell how much your family loves each other. I hope that my little girls love each other the way you love your siblings!

Kristin said...

That is so precious! What a blessing! I am an only child and I think the love between siblings is just beautiful. I just have to say that from what I've read on all of your blogs, your Momma is raising such wonderful children!

Paula said...

What a precious little brother

Tracy P. said...

Gorgeous flowers, photo and story. That light shining in the window is the perfect accent. So sweet!

Karabeth said...

That is so sweet!

My three daughters always thought their little brother was the most precious person in the world. Now that everyone is older (he's 13 and they are 27, 25, and 20) he'd take on the world to protect them.

I'm glad you feel that you and your siblings shre such feelings for each other.

Kyle Kraft said...

Datz My Boy! Thanks for sharing Ab. I love to hear about Jo Jo's man moments! I'm proud of him (and of you for encouraging him to be a man!) love ya, Pops.

Sally-Ann said...

What a cute little brother. What a thoughtful man he is going to be!

Olivia said...

Awww! What a little sweety! :) I love little kids, they are the sweetest! Like when the boy I babysit came up to me in the nursery about a year ago (he was 4), gave me a hug and just said, "I love you, Weewa". (He calls me "Weewa" since he can't say Olivia :D)

Wife, mother...and now a grandma! said...

how absolutely sweet!!!! Enjoy those siblings!! As you are figuring out, they are and other than a spouse some day will always be your bestest friends every!! your story blessed me especially today, thank you for sharing!!

Laura Hoekstra-Bettig said...

I love this story and the beautiful photo. I hope my daughter (age 11) will grow up to be just like you at age 15. Your blog is so cool. Thanks for stopping by my "place" today. See you next week!

GrandmaKathleen said...

Abigail,
What a thoughtful sweet little brother you have. You made his day:) I think he was so grateful to get the opportunity to go shopping with Mommy and probably felt that his sisters had to stay in the car, so he did something special for you.

Christina said...

Abigail,

That is so precious!! An awesome memory!!

In Him,
Christina

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home