3.09.2009

A Few Changes

A disease, commonly known as “writer’s block” has plagued my mind with threats of my defeat for several days now. With inspiration, my heart yells at me, but my mind won’t interpret what it is I’m hearing—I feel as if a heavy fog has set in, encasing my thoughts. My creativity is reciting its own eulogy as it is engulfed by the fog’s disorienting clouds. What can I do?

Due to my recently stunted ability to produce a steady flow of quality blogs, I have decided to pursue my original purpose for Random Ramblings of a Teenage Artist. In addition to the type of posts which I have been writing, I will be writing a bit more about my everyday life—I don’t know a lot of you in person, and I would like to start showing you all a bit more about who I really am. What I have written thus far is doubtless a great part of who I am, and I completely intend to continue with that. However, in order to keep a more balanced and consistently updated blog going, I am going to be sharing some other types of things with you all; my artwork, pictures, random thoughts on life, etc. By doing this, I hope I will be able to present more of myself, and will thus create stronger friendships with all of you!

I hope this change won’t deter you from returning, but rather encourage you to come back and learn more about me. Who knows, we may be undiscovered kindred spirits!

10 comments. :

karin said...

Look forward to the changes!

(How come I had to do word verification 2 - 3 times before it publishes? Just curious.)

Kristin said...

I would love to see your art and get to know more about you. I think sometimes we put too much pressure on ourselves to write such wonderful posts, but sometimes it's fun just to write about your day too and easily for others to relate too also. You have such a wonderful, kind and caring heart that comes through in the comments you leave and I know that we will love just hearing about what's going on!

Blessed Mom of 8 said...

Looking forward to learning more about you Abigail!

Hugs and love,
Mrs. S

Tracy P. said...

Real is good, Abigail! Sometimes it's pretty basic. A lot of us are a lot older than you, and sometimes our posts are just plain goofy. ;-) Profundity is not an everyday occurrence in most of our worlds.

Linda said...

I'll take more of Abigail anyday!!!
Whatever you post I will read and I am sure I will enjoy it Abigail.
I love seeing your drawings too, and I am anxious to see a new one. But no pressure hon,... just do what you felt led to do. Just be YOU,...and that will be terrific. You have plenty of time to decide what you want to do,...no rush,...you are young,...just do what you enjoy doing and we will all love it.

Love you!,....Always and Forever!!!
Grams

Lucy said...

Sounds great to me :) Also, it will be interesting for you later in life to look back on what you were doing or thinking on certain days.

Sometimes when afflicted with Writer's Block (frequently happens to me) the best thing is to approach things differently, like this, and using various mediums to express what in you also helps fuel creativity in various ways.

Lucy said...

Sorry, that should read 'what IS in you'.

Caleb Howell said...

so to get around your writers block you wrote about your writers block? hmmmm, interesting.

Christina said...

I can't wait to get to know you better!

In Him,
Christina

Olivia said...

I've been struggling from writer's block as well! I have this post in my mind for IB and it just wont totally flow right. I've been working on it for over a week but I have been SO busy! But I might just write a "filler" post while really taking some time to write my current one.

I'm excited to hear more about your everyday life and I love all your artwork. I have to admit to braging about "my friend Abigail who is one of the best artists I've ever met"! :)

Post a Comment