4.27.2009

What I've been up to....

I have been really lazy with my posting lately! However, I shall soon make a return (on Friday) which none of you shall ever forget…It's randomness and awesomeness shall never be matched.

My family has made a tradition out of going to the Valley Center citywide garage sales every year for as long as I can remember. I’ve never been a great garage sale-er, but I always tag along if for no other reason than to spend some good time singing along to the radio and to have good conversations with my family. The citywides were this past weekend, and I was actually very pleasantly surprised with the amount of fun I had. It was great walking up and down the streets and finding multiple great movies for 50 cents a piece. I also found a couple cool things for my room (3 things to put on my wall…I’m going to have to organize my wall décor pretty soon, because it’s getting crowded). When I get everything put up, I’ll get pictures to show you all.

In other news, my friend Olivia and I started a new monthly feature over at Imperishable Beauty called “Pearls of Wisdom”. Follow this link to find out what it’s all about. We’re very excited to see what kind of insight we will gain through our moms’ input on this blog, and we hope that you will all stop by and join in so that we can keep it going! :)

A couple weeks ago—as you may have read in my “100 Things” post—I had a violin recital. It didn’t go that great, but it went a lot better than I expected it to! I get sooooo nervous playing in front of people; I was shaking like crazy through the whole performance. It takes a lot of courage to share this video with you, but I love y’all…so enjoy, and laugh at all of my wretched mistakes if you like. (I'm trying very hard not to make weird faces when I mess up!) Heehee.



I would also be so incredibly grateful if you would all pray for me this week. I have an orchestra audition this Friday at 6:44 pm (odd time, isn’t it?), and I’m really, extremely nervous about it. If you could just pray that I’ll do well and won’t be all shaky and nervous when I’m there, I would be beyond thankful.

If you read my momma’s blog, you might have seen that I also went to my friend’s 16th b-day party on the same day as my recital. She said that she would share pictures, but I told her I would do it here. I don’t really like dressing up—that fact was made apparent when I became dreadfully impatient in waiting through everyone’s hair and makeup time.



What can I say, I’m into jeans! It takes me about 3 minutes to put my makeup on and do my hair in the morning…it’s not because I don’t like to look nice, but I’ve got more interesting things to do, like blogging. lol. ;)

This last Friday was the Golden Belt Festival Concert. I woke up at 5:40 a.m., jumped in the car, and went to Salina to spend aaaall day singing. In the evening, my parents came to watch the concert and then we all headed home.


I haven't seen the video yet, but if I can, I'll get one up on YouTube so y'all can see what it's about.

Well, I plan to keep up on my blog more now that things have become a tad bit more organized for me, so stay tuned for my epic comeback post! You will seriously never forget it.

6 comments. :

Kristin said...

Wow Abigail! You have been super busy lately, huh?! I thought you did great at your recital. I have a violin that I have no clue how to play. Too bad you don't live close to me so you could teach me. LOL You looked absolutely beautiful all dressed up. I love your dress! I will be praying for your audition. I know you will be fine! Have a great week!

Laura said...

I can appreciate, not only the difficulty of the piece, but the difficulty of mastering the violin. I am in awe of you! You did a beautiful job, Abigail...you should be proud. I am a vocalist and I can also appreciate what a good case of nerves can do to you when you hit that stage. I thought your piece was very good. Bravo!
I will be singing with my daughter's choir on Friday night. It is a retro hippies concert with music from the 70's. We are dressing as "flower children". (Your mama can explain)
Good luck with your audition. Relax and play like no one is listening...you will do fine!

Joni said...

I thought you played beautifully, dear. The violin (next to the piano and a good bagpipe) is my favorite instrument. I wish I could play.

Love your posts!
God bless.

Olivia said...

Fantastic job girly! The song is beautiful and looks quite difficult with all those third position shiftingness. Don't let anyone ever tell you that it doesn't take work to get anything on the E string, especially that in 3d position, to sound good! Or maybe it's just my old violin that spent a few decades without being played... :D I'm excited because I'm playing for my brother's rock concert at his grad party in a month. Hopefully I can borrow a friend's nice violin... we'll see...

Can you tell me the name and composer of this song so I could get a copy of the music? Also, what songs are you playing for your audition for the orchestra? Someday when we meet in person we will need to get our violins out and play together! God bless and I love you Abigail!

Olivia said...

haha, it says the name of the song and composer right on the video. *smacks hey head* :) Oh well.

Christina said...

How beautiful! My all time favorite instrument.

Post a Comment