5.18.2009

Erm....Hello...

*peeks head around the corner*….heh….have you missed me? I can’t believe I’ve neglected my blog for two whole weeks! I do have a good reason though; a few actually. After my violin recital and auditions for orchestra, I totally flipped out. My body was completely stressed out for about two weeks, and it hasn’t been snapping back very easily. My adrenal glands caved in on me, so I’ve been spending a lot of time trying to recuperate them—taking several natural supplements, getting plenty of sleep, spending a lot of time doing rewarding activities with my family. It’s helped somewhat, and I guarantee that I’ll be doing a lot better soon, but that’s what’s been going down.

In other news….I’m getting glasses. During my strange symptoms of adrenal fatigue, I have also been getting a lot of nasty headaches. I thought I’d get my eyes checked out, just to make sure that they were ok. Well, it turns out that they’re not horrible, but with all of the time that I spend on the computer (heehee), and doing other things that cause eye strain, I’ve developed a bit of an astigmatism in my left eye, and I’m having focusing issues—my left and right eye won’t sync together correctly. So, I don’t know if I’ll need glasses forever, but I’ll at least have them until my astigmatism and focusing can be corrected. I can’t wait to get rid of my headaches! My mom said “It’s a good thing the current style of glasses looks good on you.” Hahaha. She maketh me laugh. ^_^

I think my room really needs to be cleaned and organized. I’m not a very organized person….ok, I’m not an organized person at all….ok, I’ve earned the title “Messy Marvin” from my mom. :/ But, it’s finally starting to get to me having clothes laying everywhere, and junk randomly scattered about my room. I think it might be because I’ve got a renewed fervor for beauty—my brother bought me an orchid!!!!!! It’s soooo pretty. It’s my favoritest thing in the whole wide world. ^_^ (and “favoritest” is absolutely a word). Please pray that I’ll be able to keep it alive. Haha. I had a horrible dream last night that it died; just a little snapshot of it all dried up and wilty. :(

Speaking of dreams…I also dreamed last night that my dad was a Jack-in-the-box. He had swirly eyes and was really creepy. Bizarre.

Oh….I almost forgot to tell you all—I made orchestra!!!! I won’t know what chair I’m in until this fall (we’re going to have another audition for that I think), but I do know that I’m in the first violins section. So, I’m very excited about that. I can’t wait to get started on everything! It’s going to be a blast, and hopefully it’ll get my skills all brushed up and snazzy. ;)

My writing has become far less eloquent as of late—for those of you who greatly miss it; I’m sorry. I really like to write that type of stuff, but it just takes such a long time. I can’t get myself to take the time to do it very often. However, I do have a couple of posts in the works that I will be posting sometime in the next couple of months. So, I hope you’ll keep reading even though I may not be quite as “profound” most of the time anymore. :P

I saw the new Star Trek the other day. *sigh* It’s like the coolinest movie since ever! Ok, it may not be for everybody, but having been a Trekkie since….birth…it was a completely invigorating experience. It commemorated the old movies and TV shows so well! It didn’t feel like a trendy remake to please the general public (although it probably did), they actually took into account all of the classic stuff in the old ones. Spock is my favorite—I think I’m going to be a Vulcan, because they’re amazing.

Ok, so I could ramble on, but I won’t. Until next time “Live long and prosper”.

10 comments. :

Kristin said...

I hope you're feeling better soon and that the glasses help your headaches. Congrats on making orchestra! That's awesome!!

Sorry I missed participating in Poetry this month....I just could not think of anything to write! I'll try to come up with something next month. :)

Vera said...

Woo hoo!!! CONGRATS on orchestra, girl! You're awesome!!

Linda said...

Hi my sweet girl,
I am so sorry that you haven't been feeling well. I hope you will soon be back to normal.

I know you will look "Marvelous" in your glasses! And I hope they help your headaches go away. When do you get them?

I know that you are a multi faceted person and that you have many interests that keep you busy
I have missed your blog posts but I knew that you were busy with other things.

I am so proud of you for making that neat orchestra! Congratulations!!!!

I have been praying for you,...(of course), and I will continue. (Smile)

I love you,
Grams

Rachel M. said...

I pray that you feel better soon, Abigail! I know you will look really good in your glasses, and congratulations on making the orchestra! :D

Kathryn said...

I too, hope the headaches are soon relieved. There are several massage techniques that help a lot too. :)

You don't have to be someone you're not to write for us (or me at least). I enjoy just hearing about your life.

I loved Star Trek. We saw it yesterday. I agree, they did a good job of staying within the spirit of the the past series & movies. What's more, they created a new/alternate time line so they can do a whole new series on the original characters! Love it!

Have a good week. Congratulations on your concert & being in the orchestra.

karin said...

congratulations on making orchestra! You are so young and pretty and glasses or whatever would look good on you! Loved your free and breezy style - just always be yourself!

Kristin said...

Hey Abigail....thanks for the compliments on my SSC stuff and thanks for helping me make it more professional with your talented skills in logo and button making! Glad you liked Twilight. The books really are good. Did you hear the one song when they were in the ballet studio....Rob Pattinson sings that song....I was really surprised because it doesn't sound like him! I have the video somewhere on my blog :)

Anyways, you are so multi-talented to be still so young and I know that whatever path you take in life, you are going to accomplish great things! I'm so proud of you!

"Lolli" said...

just got through visiting your site again, and continue to be amazed! Your violin concert was awesome! Congrats on making the orchestra. did your mom mention that I need some help on a personalized signature, as i cannot seem to figure it out on my own! UGH! Just when you have some time to guide me I would be ever so appreciative.

Blessings and hope the sale is going well.

Lolli (aka Lisa)

Lucy said...

I hope you feel better soon, Abigail! I have astigmatism too (tho I'm also a bit short sighted, too), I have a prism in my glasses. Other wise my eyes get so tired trying to focus...and headaches ensue.

Congrats on getting into orchestra :)

Kylie said...

Hi Abigail,

I found your blog through the Imperishable Beauty blog, which encouraged me a lot last night. I have been hoping to find a site like that all week, that is devoted to femininity and modesty - but that recognizes that modesty is a heart issue. Your recent post about how we should dress in a way that shows our character was wonderful and opened my eyes on what dressing modestly is really about.

You have a very fun blog, but it's evident you have a strong love in the Lord. I wanted to stop by and get acquainted with you because I admire that, and because it's so awesome to meet another girl-blogger in love with Jesus!

In Him,
~Kylie

Post a Comment