6.09.2009

I'm 16!!!!!!!

I've noticed that the first thing people say when you tell them that is "Oh, are you driving yet???"

I answer "Yeppers!".

The continue..."Do you have your license???"

My smile fades "No....I only have 18 (and a half!) hours."

Their eyes open reeeeally wide "Wow...you need 50, right? Well, you better get busy."

.....I resent that. lol. I AM working on it though! I promise you all I will have it by the end of the year. You can hold me to that!

Thursday was my birthday, and I had the most incredible week(end)! First of all, I had an amazing time hanging out with my family and some awesome friends of ours on Wednesday. That was my initial birthday celebration (my mom made a really good sugar and gluten free carrot cake. She’s the cat’s pajamas, my friends!) On Thursday, my whole family went to see “Night at the Museum 2: Battle of the Smithsonian”. It was really cute! We don’t normally get to go to movies all together, so it was a lot of fun!

Now, the biggie….on Friday, I had a party out in our gym with several of my amazazing friends. A couple of hours into the party, my dad, Jared, and a friend of ours played some original songs…..Ok, so I played too, but it was totally unlegit! :) Anyway, here’s one that we did, and I’ll be posting the rest over the next few days. So, keep coming back and checking!


video


Now, after watching that, are you convinced that I'm a granny with no grit!? lol! I look so kindly, it's saddening! I wanna be mean! haha. jk. It is funny though...I can totally rock out when I'm not playing. *headbang* KAPOW!!! XD

I felt so blessed to be able to spend so much time with all of the people that I love so much over the past week. My cousin, Bailey, and good friend, Kari, were able to stay at my house for the night and most of Saturday after my party. I loved being able to hang out with them! They both live really far away, so it was awesome to be able to chazillax with them. ;)

On Saturday evening, my family went to my grandparents house for a big family get-together to celebrate mine, my Aunt Lisa’s, and my (Great) Uncle Dan’s birthdays. It was a blast! I’ll tell you what…there’s something about being with my big rambunctious family that brings out my crazy side. Whenever I’m with my aunts, I feel like I’m their (and my mom’s) mischievous little sister. Is that a good thing? I’m still trying to figure that out. Haha.

In other news, it’s finally summer! Well, not technically…but my summer starts now. No, that doesn’t mean “no school!” for me, but school feels like a walk in the park compared to the oddball work I’ve been doing over the past couple of months!

At the beginning of the month, Momma, Pops, and I set up a booth at the Homeschool Convention in Wichita. My mom’s workshop was incredible!!!! She was so nervous, but let me tell you all: My momma is a natural born speaker! I’m not even a mom, and I was encouraged. lol. Head on over to her blog and listen to it. It’s about an hour long, but well worth the time it takes to listen.

I’ll most likely be posting sometime in the next couple of days about some of the things I’ve been enjoying over the past week. I promise that I’ll start posting more now that my busy spell is over! :)

14 comments. :

Julie said...

Happy Birthday! Aaahhh...sweet sixteen. You're doing better than me. We lived in Germany when I turned 16 so I didn't get my license until 17. I was in NO hurry to drive though either. :)

Kristin said...

Once you get your license, I want you to pack up your sweet family and come to Texas and visit me! LOL!!
I liked your song!

Aspiemom said...

Belated happy birthday, Abigail!

Rachel M. said...

Happy Birthday, Abigail!

~Rachel M.

"Lolli" said...

You are adorable, and I wish you a very happy birthday! The music was incredible! I'm so impressed! And I love how you love your family! PLEASE don't ever let that fade away! You are a lovely lady and I cannot wait to see how continues to use you. Did you get the email I left you last week on this site about...well it's private. if not, let me know. I won't be able to be online until Thurs. night...
Blessings and love,
Lolli (aka lisa)

Vera said...

Happy birthday, sweetie!! If it makes you feel better, I didn't get my licence until I was sixteen and a half ;)

Tracy P. said...

Happy Birthday, Abigail!!

Linda said...

Hi Abigail,..We just got back from Dairy Queen where grandpa bought me a strawberry sunday, and he had carmel one. (((smile)))

We saw Caleb Howell, did you know he works there? Yep,..he do!!! (:>)

I loved it that you had such an enjoyable 16th birthday sweetie. I know I enjoyed our party here on Saturday night.

I thought the video was good when we watched it at the party. I still can't believe that you can play the bass guitar and I didn't even know it! Ha! You did a good job.

Kristin told me that she wishes she could play a guitar, but she doesn't have anyone to teach her. She also has a violin but hasn't taken any lessons. Too bad she doesn't live closer,...YOU could teach her. (:>) (I love her)

Gramps and I saw Ethan Welsh at Target tonight too,...and he said he enjoyed the party, and was impressed with the band.

If I wasn't going to Nebraska on Thursday morning I'd take ya shopping so you could spend your birthday bucks! Maybe when I get back we could go, if you want to.

Love you lots!
Grams
P.S. You have plkenty of time to get your license,...I was 18 before I got mine! ha!

Verna said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Lexi said...

Happy 16th Birthday Abgiail!!!

You are really good at the guitar! And NO you do NOT look like a granny! =D

You look so pretty in glasses!

Hope you are having a great week!

In Him,

Lexi

September said...

Abigail!! 16--Woot! Woot! Sorry, I missed your birthday.. I have been out of the blogging world for a little bit. It sounds as if you had a great day of celebration! Awesome!
Sarah is going to be 16 on the
18th... I had forgotten how close in age you two are.
She will be getting eher permit next week.
Belated Birthday Wishes to a VERY special girl!
(P.S. I just remembered that I was going to ask you about making me a button for my blog.,, I have NO idea how to do this.. is it something I can do on my own?)

Tim, Allyson, Emahry, and Jonathan said...

I'm responding to the question you left on our vinyl decals giveaway. Sure, you can have another entry if you also post about the giveaway on your blog. We'd love you help to spread the word about this great giveaway.

Allyson
http://a-heart4home.blogspot.com

Olivia said...

I didn't know you played bass! That's super duper shweet. I'm glad you had a great birthday and all that good stuff. God bless!

Kelly @ The Beauty of Sufficient Grace said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Miss Abigail! I loved the video...you were too cute! Your dad can really rock the guitar. My husband plays guitar, and we get to help with worship (I sing). Anyway, that was a fun video. Can't wait to see the blog button...I'm very excited and so grateful you are willing. I emailed you the info.!

Thank you again!

Blessings to you,
Kelly

Post a Comment