6.22.2009

Moved by the Spirit

Do you ever have those days where you just feel like God is sitting right next to you? Like you could reach out and touch Him and feel His arms around you? This morning was one of those times for me.

I must admit, I haven’t been opening my bible faithfully every day. It’s not purposeful, but somehow when I’ve waken up a little too late, or I have a bunch to do in the morning, that’s the thing that gets neglected in my schedule. When everyday life and humanity’s vision of its structure invades my mind, God’s view and what’s really important constantly get shoved aside.


Click on the link above to join in on "A Cup of Truth".


I was reading through the Proverb for the day, and I saw this verse. I’ve read Proverbs more times than I can count, but this particular verse has never struck me the way it did this morning.

Proverbs 22:11 He who loves purity of heart and has grace on his lips, the king will be his friend.


I realized when I read this just how many times I’ve told myself that I couldn’t love circumstances that required reservation for the sake of purity of heart and mind. I’ve been writing it off as impossible to whole-heartedly love something that’s so difficult to uphold….but we’re supposed to embrace it and desire it with our whole beings. It’s not necessarily a new revelation, but it’s revived a sense of longing in my soul for exuberance in the path I'm called to walk.

My good friend and brother in Christ, Jacob, wrote a fantastic post on his blog last month which he titled “The Suppression of Emotion”. It ministered to me so much, and I just had to share it with you all. Please, head over to his blog—Warrior of the Light—and read it.

One last thing...my blogging buddy Kristin reached 32 followers a few days ago! You all know why that's special, so I hope you'll stop by her blog and show her some love. ^_^ She has a great business, Summer Suzette Couture, and she is currently donating all of the sales of this business to an organization called "One Prayer". So, make sure to check that out while you're there.

(P.S. Do you all like the new blog layout?)