7.29.2009

My Sweet Harry ♥


---
Click on the button above to find out how to join in on Wednesday's Walk.
---


I opened my eyes this morning to see Harry staring at me with the hugest sentimental smile I have ever beheld on the lips of a toddler. Who knew a child his age could be nostalgic? Well, I'm telling you--he was! As I looked into his huge brown (almost black) eyes, I couldn't help but crack a giant grin myself.

For the longest time I just laid there and stared at my beautiful little brother. Finally, he turned around and started walking around my room and "talking" a million miles an hour. Out of the mumbo jumbo that he's so good at speaking, I caught a few words that made me grin even larger; "I gonna be TWO!" he said pointing one finger at me--I tried to teach him how to do two, and he giggled when all he could manage was that one precious little finger standing tall in the air.

I have to admit, the longer I'm a big sister, the faster life goes, and the more melancholy events such as birthdays and holidays are. Everyday, God takes some part of my life and puts it into a mental slow-mo so that I can see just how precious it really is--even if it's only for a split second. I think life is made up of those little things that bring a smile to your face. I find that when I'm more aware of those moments, my life seems to speed by far too fast for my liking--but how wonderful to be aware of the simple pleasures in life! What a blessing to have the luxury of God's perspective at my fingertips, ready to use if I just take the time to grasp it!

Happy birthday to my little brother Harry!


My precious High School Musical addict, I couldn't adore you any more!


P.S. I removed the Disqus comment system and unfortunately lost all of your comments because of it! :( So sad...but at least the old system is back, right? :)

13 comments. :

Laura Hoekstra-Bettig said...

Just beautiful, Abigail. I like your comment about the "slo-mo" moments. And I love your new blog look! It's classy.

Come see me today...my linky thing doesn't work right but you can still find me...

Blessings!

Kyle Kraft said...

Sweet blog my dear. I too have had many of those slo-mo times (in fact, sometimes I feel like i'm in slow-mo and everyone else is moving full blast).

It is such a blessing to see you adore your little bro... he clearly adores you too!

There's going to be a birthday party tonight!

Love ya!!!

pops.

Lynnette Kraft said...

And you say you're not a natural momma/nuturing type! You ARE a natural and I love to see you taking those times to go into slo-mo and just enjoy what's going on around you.

I'm rather enjoying your little bro this morning. He's had a morning grapefruit and declared, "moooore" - and he's already watching High School Musical - Oh wait, it's Phantom of the Opera (as long as it's a musical he's happy). He's definitely learning to enjoy the good things in life.

Oh and at least you still have your comments on Disqus - I think you'll like having the simple back (and apparently others will too).

Love ya.
Momma

Wife, mother...and now a grandma! said...

What a precious and wonderful time you are in...it's great to see you being such a sweet big sister to those siblings of yours and also to see you adore your own big brother! Your family has something very special going on and I only hope that you all realize exactly how unique and wonderful you really are!

Aspiemom said...

Your siblings are so blessed to have you as a sister, Abigail. I love to see how you love them, whether it's Jared or the younger ones.

Hope Harrison has a wonderful 2nd birthday!

Linda said...

Dear Abigail,...What a precious post about your sweet little Harry!

Grandpa and I are going to call him here in a minute to wish him a Happy Birthday. And we hope to see him soon.

We bought him a few little things while we were in Branson, at Dick's Five And Dime. I think he will like them.

And of course we need to have the family party soon for Harrison and Lonna.

Love you Ab,
Grams

Kristin said...

That's so sweet Abigail! Harry is so cute! Hope he has a wonderful Birthday today!

Olivia said...

I know what you mean about the big sister thing! I feel like my babies are just growing up so fast! Harper is learning more and more words everyday and Hudson is just getting so smart (he'll be 3 in August already!!!!). It's so scary yet so precious. Today I was reminded to just enjoy them as much as possible while jamming and dancing to Tobymac with Hudson in my room. (SOOOOO cute!)

Happy birthday to Harry and may his life be richly blessed.

Kelci said...

Came from your Momma's blog. How precious! Your whole family is just amazing and so are you. You are so wise beyond your years!

TIFFANY said...

Abigail,
Thanks for the comment on my post!

I love coming here and reading your posts! You are such a beautiful and insightful teenager. God has given you so many special talents. Thank you for sharing them.

Aspiemom said...

Abigail, the former Surgeon General (C. Everett Koop) was about 20 years ago - so I'm not surprised you hadn't heard of him! lol

simplebeauty said...

Hello Abagail!

I love your sweet post about your brother. And I love that he is so in love with music!! Does he make up random songs yet? My little on does, they are so random and fun! Love it!

Butterfly was handed congrats on your behalf of letting the binky go. She actually slept all night last night and didn't wake up and need to come into momma's bed! I'm happy, wait I'm rested ;O)

Have a great day!

Christina said...

I'm just about teary eyed at how sweet that post was.

You have a wonderful family.....I can tell because not all girls your age have such a wonderful way of looking at the world. {plus I know what a great mom you have hehe} You really are blessed, but you already know that!

Christina

Post a Comment