8.06.2009

Bedroom Pics etc.

My momma at Dancing Barefoot opened up her blog for links so that we can all get to know each other. I've done one of those "100 things about me" lists before, but what the heck...10 more wouldn't hurt! (Well, I hope not. heehee.)

1. I called the ability to procrastinate a blessing today.


2. I almost never cry at movies, but I cry during almost any book at some point or another. I've also cried at multiple songs.

3. My love language is words of affirmation--although, when I get them, I rarely know how to respond.


4. If I have a good pair of shoes, I almost never buy another one until they're worn out. I don't like shoes.

5. I'm still scared of going down water slides.


6. I love HTML coding, and have my own blog design business, but I would love to learn how to create my own graphics someday.

7. I absolutely LOVE it when people agree with me, but what I really wish is that I (and the world) would realize the importance of unconditional love.


8. I get fed up with drama extremely easily, but my negative responses to it are always dramatic.

9. I'm a bit of an Amy March (from "Little Women")...meaning, I make up my own words aaaaall the time, and even when I'm not trying to, I use words the wrong way extremely often.


10. If I think about yawning, or see someone yawn, I ALWAYS yawn. (I just did it to prove it.)




































Now, I've been promising you all pictures of my freshly redone bedroom...it's a big change for me (the person who just realized she doesn't like change! I mean, when I started this project, the change was so overwhelming for me that I started craving foods that I ate a lot of several years ago--like hummus, canned jalapenos, and carob! ha!--but, I've gotten used to it, and I absolutely LOVE it now!

Before...


After!


Before...


After!


My old south wall pictures...


It's a big open wall, so I wanted to put something big, colorful, and fun in place of the old muted colors. Hence....

MR. BEAN!


(He's my favorite!)

My "new" dresser...
Ok, so it's not new, but I painted it black, and added some silver, oval knobs, and it looks like a new piece!

See that awesome art piece over the dresser? I got that for $4 at the Salvation Army. I was so thrilled!

What I like to call my "violin nook"...

I really like this corner of the room, because everything is contrasted and amazing!

A closer look at the bottles on the table...

I got the red and blue bottles at a thrift store for 10 cents each, and the other one from a craft store for 50% off of $12. I love getting good deals. <3

A couple fun knick knacks...

Mom found this cool figurine at a garage sale. I wasn't sure I liked it at first, but there's something funky and free spirited about it that I love.


Also, a fun garage sale find. I'm using it for my violin music because my last violin bag had multiple coffee stains on it (I know...shocker).


Soooooo, that's about it. Thanks for enduring the long post!

16 comments. :

Kathryn said...

Very stylish, Abigail!

My husband says i made up the word "croggled" but i swear i've read it in a book. And my husband hates my dad's word "smizzle" which is between snow & drizzle. Husband hates that type of weather & so hates the word.

:)

Aspiemom said...

I enjoyed reading your "getting to know you" features. You shared your thoughts and feelings-type things and I did more facts from my life. I like your way better, I believe!

Your room looks great! I can see that you put a lot of time & effort into it and it's "Abigail's room" all over!

Em said...

ABIGAIL!!! YOUR ROOM IS SOOOOOOOOO AWESOME!!! I looked at the first picture and didn't read the "before" so I was like "hey, COOL she put some new posters up!" then I realized that that was your "before" picture!! Haha... it's stunning. I love it. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, dear. I loved your ten things! I miss you and definitely can't wait for that LONG chat! Love you!

3 Blessings said...

I enjoyed reading your 10 things. I also love your bedroom makeover. The wall behind your bed is so dramatic. Great job!
Blessings,
Amy

Linda said...

Abigail,
Your room is creative, striking, and awesome just like you granddaughter.

I have never seen a black wall before, and I love that you were daring enough to do it as a contrast to the white. It looks great.

And the old bed looks so good painted white. So fresh and clean!
I love the plaques/pictures hanging above it.

You are "Uniquely You",...to kinda coin a phrase from your Aunt Lisa who has a blog called,..."Uniquely Us!" Ha!

Reading all of these Porch Blogs is fun isn't it?

Have a great day Sunshine!

Love, Grams
(Linda @ Truthful Tidbits)

Brandon Witt said...

Shoes are highly overrated. Going barefoot rocks. I cant appreciate your disdain for those restrictive things.

Kristin said...

Wow! That is a fabulous room makeover! It makes me want to go paint something! I love everything about it!

I am the same way about shoes too. I am so cheap that I just wear the same ones over and over until they wear out.

Have a great weekend! I am thinking about doing something new with my business, so I might be coming to you to see if I can get a new logo/look for it. I have to figure out exactly what I want though.

Kate said...

Very cute! I love your room!

Wife, mother...and now a grandma! said...

Your room is gorge-a-mous!!! your facts were fun!! and I'm glad we have you and your blog to enjoy!!

Carla said...

Your room is amazing. I really like your sense of style!
I like bold colors on walls too.

I could relate to your 10 things too...especially the shoe thing!! I hate shopping..especially for shoes. I like finding a good, cute, functional pair and then I wear them till I can't wear them anymore.

I enjoy "following" your family and your moms blog. My daughter was watching over my shoulder and asked "who are they? do we know them?" ...I replied "well no , not exactly..but I like to feel like I do. I read about them and look at pictures." She looked at me like I was a weird stalker...then I felt like a wierd stalker :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog. As you can see I am in desperate need of your talent. I think I will be adding my name to your list very soon. I have been wanting to get a "button" but had no idea how to do it. I need a makeover and a button to show it off :) Chat soon.

Rachel M. said...

I love it!! Very stylish, and getting good deals like at garage sales and thrift stores are the BEST! :)

Love and blessings in Him,
Rachel M.

Kelly @ The Beauty of Sufficient Grace said...

Hey Abigail...your blog and your room both look wonderful!!!! I haven't been over for a visit for awhile...and I'm stopping over now from your mama's "porch"! Loved reading your 10 things too...I make up words too! Just posted my 10 list this afternoon. Some of it's probably old news! It's hard to think of things that are interesting about yourself, you know?

I enjoyed my visit...your room totally rocks. I am so inspired by the makeovers going on at the Kraft residence. I really need to get some makeover going on over this way! Soon...

Blessings, sweet Abigail...

HIS daughter said...

Love the bedroom make-over!!!! Makes me want to go and raid some thrift stores to help me get a new look in my room :)
Blessings :)

Corinne said...

Hi Abigail.

This is my first time commenting on your blog but I've been reading it for awhile now.
Just to tell you that your bedroom looks AMAZING. Mine needs a makeover too but I don't have the courage (or your talent, for that matter) to do it.

God bless you.

Christina said...

What a tidy room. I better send Ashley over to this blog post.

Or not.......... then she will have me repainting her room AGAIN! paha

Brenda Coffee said...

You subscribe to my decor philosophy: Less is more, especially when you've got such great pieces that standout. I like one "wow factor" in each room. That could be an architectural element, a piece of furniture, a great poster, even a color. You're my kind a girl, Miss Abigail. Fabulous redo.

XOXOXOXO,
Brenda

Post a Comment