8.03.2009

I've made a decision...

And Monthly Monday Poetry is going to have to go. Sorry for those of you who wanted it to stay--I just don't think it's worth the effort to keep it up. I still want to read all of your poetry though! I just want you to write it when YOU are inspired to write it. So please stop by and leave a comment when you write something so that I can be sure to see it! :)

In other news: My room is finally finished!!! I absolutely love how it turned out! It's just tidy enough to feel contemporary and clean, but it's just "messy" (my mom would say "lived in") enough to feel like home. =) I'll share pictures soon, so stay tuned!

Most of you have by now heard of my other blog Imperishable Beauty. Since it's late, and I don't have anything profound or interesting to say, I would love it if you would head over and read my latest post
"My momma has told me my whole life 'The moment you render yourself incapable of doing something is the moment you’ll slip up and do it.'"
-"Guarding Friendships" Imperishable Beauty
"Guarding Friendships". Granted, it's kind of long (and I know sometimes long posts are hard to find time for), but what I said really came from my heart, and I would absolutely adore you all if you would share your thoughts on it with me. :) My mom helped me a lot with the writing of this particular post--not with how the words flow, or what the contents hold, but by sharing with me the true gem of wisdom that God has implanted and manifested in her since she accepted Him around 19 years ago."Flirting is one of those things that feels really good while you’re doing it, but afterwards leaves you with this pit in your stomach; a feeling of sickening dissatisfaction."
-"Guarding Friendships" Imperishable Beauty

I feel so incredibly blessed to have a momma who will pass her wisdom and experience on to me; I may not always listen immediately, but praise God she is constantly helping me and never gives up trying to get through my thick skull! :)

5 comments. :

Lucy said...

Oh, I didn't read this before posting mine...sorry. If you're interested, find it here!

Linda said...

Hi Abigail, I totally understand why you felt the need to cancel the "Monday Monthly Poetry", and there really was not enough participation. I will remove the button from my sidebar honey.

There is a time and a purpose for everything under heaven! ((smile)) And YOU inspired me to try my hand at poetry, and I found out that I love writing it, so for me it was all meant to be, to get grandma started with a new interest. So my dear, I just want to thank you so much. You gave my life a new joy,...so it was not a waste of time. ((wink))

I loved your post on your other blog,..."Imperishable Beauty".

Hey, Saturday night was a fun time at your house. I am so glad I got to spend some time with you and the rest of the family.

Love you Lots!
Grams

simplebeauty said...

Hello!!

Well first off all I just stopped by the blog post that you suggested of yours with the very cute outfit! I LOVED IT!! You wore it well!! And I also just had to listen to you play the violin and that was so much fun!! Good job!

I'm so very glad that you agree with me in the "more the merrier" jewelry department!! Today I'm a bit toned down in this dept. Maybe that is why I feel a bit off the mark!

Anywho! Have a wonderful day too! I'm going to go and read your other suggest blog and what you had to say about guarded friendship!

God's blessings to you!

Kristin said...

You know, I was reading this post last night and I just realized just now that today would've been poetry day. I guess I didn't realize that August had snuck up on me already. LOL!

Shauna said...

Can't wait to see the pictures of your room.

Post a Comment