8.01.2009

Monthly Monday Poetry...????

I've been thinking about canning the whole Monthly Monday Poetry idea. It seemed great at first, but I've found that when I'm in the mood to write poetry, the arrival of Monthly Monday Poetry is still far in the future--so I haven't seized the opportunity to write poetry at all when I feel in my heart like I should be writing it, and when I have to write it, I'm almost never inspired. Besides that, most of the time I only have 2 or 3 participants, so I just don't feel like it's a worthy investment. What do you all think?

Should I keep it?
Should I dump it?
Should I change it up?
(If so, any ideas of how I can make it more interesting?)


Please give me your opinions. I'm open to any ideas that you guys have! After all, you're pretty darn smart. ;)

Thanks for your help!

6 comments. :

Linda said...

Hi Abigail,....Ok, I like it, but I do hear what you are saying. Poetry does have to come from inspiration.

I mean there can be serious poetry, or silly poetry, poems that rhyme and poems that don't rhyme,...Story poems, etc.
I personally really enjoy all kinds of poetry. But I do know that there are lots of people who don't enjoy it as we do.

When we do feel inspired we could all just write a poem in Word and save them in our documents for Once A Month Monday Poetry, then when it does roll around we would know where to find it. (:>)

I don't know sweetie,...I guess you should just do what you feel you should do. After all, I am going to continue to write my poems and post them on Facebook and in my blog posts once in awhile, so it won't stop my creative juices from flowing, and it won't hurt my feelings! Tee Hee

You just decide and let us know.

Love you oodles and bunches!

Grams

"Lolli" said...

I agree with "Grams"; write when you feel inspired, then save it and post it on a Monday. That way we all benefit from it, and you write when you feel inspired to write.

Kristin said...

I'm not sure Abigail. Sometimes, I just cannot think of anything at all to write and then other times, I sit down the night before and it just seems to flow. Whatever you decide, I will be fine with.

Rachel M. said...

I agree that it is hard to write a poem when one can not think of something worthwhile to write about. I agree-whatever your decision is, Abigail, is totally fine with me as well!

Love in Him,
Rachel M.

Kathryn said...

I've stopped participating in most "blog carnival" things. I find them too overwhelming.

I love coming here & seeing your beautiful things & way that you do your blog. I love hearing about your life which is so different from mine at your age (& very different from mine currently!). If you include poetry i enjoy that too.

Have fun with your blog, but don't add in things that stress you. We all enjoy what you share. :)

Olivia said...

Your grandma captured my thoughts exactly. Whatever you choose is fine with me but I have enjoyed it. :D

Post a Comment