8.12.2009

Short Answers - This is going to be so fun!

I have the bestest idea in the whole wide world!



This morning I began brainstorming subjects for my next blog entry. I couldn't think of anything interesting, so I came up with the idea of asking my little bros some random questions and seeing what they say. The result was so hilarious, it gave me an awesome idea!





Kids always have something to say--whether it's comical, profound, or completely random, they've got an answer for everything! So, every week on Tuesday I will post 5 completely random questions for you to ask a child or several children (just make sure to identify whose answers are whose). They could be your own children, siblings, friends, etc. Write down their answers word for word and even have a little extended conversation with them if you want to add on (I can't help but ask clarifying questions). Then work up a post with the answers to the 5 questions and come back here to link your post to mine.

This could be so much fun! We all love hearing cute things come out of the mouths of kiddos, so here's our chance to prompt a few! ;) Here are my brothers' answers to 5 questions that I asked them.

Click here to read the latest Short Answers post and join in.


What do you want to do when you grow up?


Silas: I wanna work at McDonalds
Why?
I don’t know, it’s just because…I don’t know, just a fun job. I like to eat there, and if I work there I’ll get to eat for free!


Jonas: Do a band.
What kind of band?
A band doing music and showing people it….and rocking.


If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?


Silas: China.
Why?
Bananas. And because you love it.
(Awwwww. ^_^)


Jonas: Africa.
Why?
Because it’s my favorite place in the world except for Heaven.


What's your favorite girls name?


Silas: Eve.
Why?
I don't know. Random.


Jonas: I'm not a girl.

If your life was made into a movie, who would you want to play you?


Silas: Darth Vader.
Why in the world would you want Darth Vader?
I don’t know, he’s just cool and he has a lightsaber. Ya know? You know, he’s just kind of a cool guy.


Jonas: I would pick New York Deli.
A person bro.
Oh…I would pick Ernest.
Why?
Because of Ernest Scared Stupid. It’s hilarious!


What do you think is more important: Good looks or brains?


Silas: Good looks.
Why?
Because they’re like *hums jazz*.
(Oooooh my word.)


Jonas: Orcs or brains?
No, good looks or brains.
Oh. Brains.
Why?
Because brains make me smarter than just looking handsome.





We'll get started next Tuesday, August 18. Grab a button off of my sidebar and spread the word! What do you think?

23 comments. :

Kate said...

Haha! Hilarious, I love what little kids have to say. I have some good ones from kids at church!

HIS daughter said...

That is absolutely hysterical!!! I can hardly wait to read more! I especially love the "orcs or brains" lol. THat is priceless :)
Blessings!

Hannah said...

That's an awesome idea! I can't wait to ask my brothers! :D

Hannah

Hannah said...

Cute answers. Love the darth vader one. ^_^

Hannah

Michelle said...

Oh Abigail, good idea! I can't wait to interview Grace! She always has such great answers. Oh I'm smiling as I think about it!
Michelle

Linda said...

Abigail, I will look forward to checking in with you on Tuesdays and reading all of the cute things that kids say!

Great idea!

Love, Grams
(Linda @ Truthful Tidbits)

Verna said...

Abigail, I am sure all of their answers will make us smile. Love it!

Kristin said...

That's so cute! This will be lots of fun! I love asking my kid's questions just to see what they'll say. You learn alot about how loving kids are by nature too.

simplebeauty said...

I'm rolling laughing at what your little brothers said! Too DARN CUTE!!!

Lynnette Kraft said...

As you know I LOVE THIS!!!! It's going to be so much fun. I love the joy little people add to our world and I'm so glad you do too.

Can't wait until Tuesday.
Love,
Momma

Olivia said...

SO cute and funny! You had me really cracking up Abs. :D Or should I say that Silas and Jonas did... hmmm...

I'll totally try this with Huddy and Nina. Corina is 12 but because of her special needs her reasoning levels are way lower. I'll have to come up with some easier ones for Hudson though, his 3rd birthday is actually next Tuesday. :D This shall work out great.

Awesome idea Abs!

Tracy P. said...

That is a super fun idea! I especially like the part about YOU coming up with the questions! :-)

Jessica said...

Awesome answers boys! And what a good idea! While I haven't ask my daughter yet, I will but something random she said today I will share (p.s. if you KNOW where she heard this, let me know please)

as she was playing, doing her own thing, I hear from behind me "If I was an orphan, I'd be pissed!" Of course I corrected my almost 4 year old because we don't say things like that unless you are an adult LOL. But it was so funny and just random!

Lyndsay said...

Hi... New here... LOVE your blog. Found you through your mom's blog. :)

Love, love, love the idea and concept of "Short Answers". Totally will be playing along with my kiddos. Awesome Idea!!

Karen said...

This post is so much fun! I love to hear what kiddos have to say!This is such a great idae and I will be back to read some more. I have been following your Mom for a while now and I would have to say that you Kraft's are very gifted!

Blesiings,
Karen

3 Blessings said...

I love this idea and I cannot wait to read everyone's posts. I also wanted to tell you that I love your blog.
Blessings,
Amy

Marissa said...

Hey,
Your mom told me about your blog when she came over for a "porch" visit.
She said we have some things in common : )

This is a super cute idea! I loved the Darth Vader answer! That made me smile ^_^

I will defiantly have to ask my youngest sister those some time! She always has funny/cute answers to things!

~Marissa

Jamimania said...

Goodness... that is so adorable! I loved reading all the answers. Wish I had little ones around so I could participate, but I'll totally come back and read everyone else's because I just love some of the things kids say. Too cute! Great idea Abigail! :)

The Clark Clan! said...

Very funny!!!!

Alexis said...

Oh, hat's too cute! I love it!

***Emily*** said...

I just did that with my little siblings... check out their answers! PS that was a great idea!!

Trennia said...

CUTE!

Eldarwen Failariel said...

I love your blog! I am now a follower. :) I got to it from Emily's blog. I think I'll do this, too. :) What a great idea!!

P.S. the answers were hilarious!

~Eldarwen Failariel~

Post a Comment