9.12.2009

One of my Famous Random Posts...

Yesterday (September 12) was Jared's birthday, so I had to give him a shout out real quickly. Happy 19th Jared! It seems like just yesterday you were this ugly punk...



...Oops...My bad--that was today.

Just kidding. ;) Love ya bruh!



I got an award from my sweet friend Alexis @ Where He Leads Me, I Will Follow. I don't typically participate in these things, but this one looked like fun. ^_^

I'm sure you all know, but here are the rules...

1) Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award.
2) Share "ten honest things" about myself.
3) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.
4) Tell those 7 people that they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving.

Is everyone ready for 10 MORE things about myself?!?! I do this too often....hahaha.

1.For the life of me, I simply CANNOT make a good batch of pancakes! I can make plenty of other things, but pancakes just annoy the heck out of me.


2.When I was a little girl, I saw an episode of Tales from Avonlea where one of the main characters, Sarah, decides that she needs to live her own life and goes off to see the world by herself. The next day I plotted how I was going to run away and make the neighbors take me to Disneyland. Of course I didn't want to run away--I just found the idea of getting on a train and going to the place I've always dreamt of quite romantic. lol. Kids are so weird. :P

3.I had a dream last night that I was pregnant. Probably because I watched "Baby Mama" right before I hit the hay. lol.


4.I'm very motivated when I want to be, but unfortunately it's almost always hidden behind a grumbling exterior--I'm workin' on that. ;)

5.The first roller coaster I ever went on was when I was around 4 or 5 years old (I think) at a tiny little amusement park called Joy Land (I know, it sounds kinda sinister, doesn't it?!). Anyway, I ended up hating it so much that I got off screaming that I would never go on it again. Looking back, I think that was pretty typical for a little girl, but I remember how embarrassed I was after being so dramatic in public. haha.


6.Every night for the last year, Jared and I have said goodnight the same way--it's like a secret handshake, only it's Mr. Bean style.

7.I have this new thing for purple--not just any purple, but if it's the "right" purple I really like it. Ironic, because for all of my life up until this year, I would have told you purple was definitely my least favorite color. Funny how that works. Also, yellow--Yellow used to remind me of those crazy Nickelodeon TV shows. (Don't ask why. I don't really know.) However, now I really like it; it's a happy color. Happy colors are good.


8.I now have 4 grey hairs--looks like I'm taking after my daddy. :P

9.I've always had a pretty good imagination. I used to pray every night that my American Girl doll, Josefina, would become a real person. I also pretended the Pevensie children (from the Narnia books) lived in my Dad's wardrobe and would sit in there and pretend to be having a sleepover with Susan and Lucy.


10.I drink Starbucks. (...and y'all are like...DUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!)












I would like to give this award to...


Olivia @ Nobody416
Lauren Anne @ Beside Quiet Waters
Christina @ Pooh's Corner
Kristin @ These Little Girls of Mine
Marissa @ A Peek Into My Life
Emily @ Glorify Him with Every Breath
"Lolli" @ Lollipop and Pearls


Later peeps!

12 comments. :

Holly said...

I liked your 10 honest things!!! :)

Lauren Anne said...

thanks Abigail. I will probably do this one!

Christina said...

hey that was fun reading your 10 honest things. I still think you are one of the sweetest girls on earth.

So are you planning on showing up "which" purple you love?

Alexis said...

Thanks for playing along! You're a girl after my own heart with all the Avonlea and American Girl stuff. It's like you're me, only younger.

Minus the Starbucks. I still don't get why people will pay to drink mud. I should try cherries in it, huh?

And happy birthday to Jared!

Kathryn said...

Good pancakes take a good recipe. I've got one, if you want it. Or are you annoyed by them because they take so long to cook them one at a time?

It is funny what reams can cook up, isn't it? Also the things we think when we are learning things about the world? I'm quite embarrassed about things i thought, said, or did when i was younger, too.

Thanks for sharing your list. :)

Kristin said...

You are too funny, Abigail. I love reading random little facts about people! I was looking at my hair while waiting in the car line at school to pick up the girls the other day, and I was mortified by just how many gray hairs I do have now. I think if I didn't color my hair, 50% of it would be completely gray already. I started getting them in my early 20's. :(

Thank you so much for this award. I don't know if I can think of anything that y'all don't already know about me, but I'll try. Ha!!

Love ya!
Hope Jared had a great Bday.

Marissa said...

Hey thanks for the award! I'm SO doing this one :D
Even though I've done a lot of the 10 random things before :P
No way!!! You drink Starbucks? *laughs*
I liked your 10 things very interesting indeed!

Happy birthday to your brother! :D

~Marissa

Morgan said...

Happy birthday to Jared!!!

And I LOVED your 10 random things!! They were wonderful!

Em said...

AWWWWWWWWWW AB!!! YOU ARE SO SWEET!!! Thanks for the award... AND... you know what's freaky? Get ready for it... you wrote this post on Sunday... right? Even though it says Saturday? WELL... I had a dream that I WAS PREGNANT on Saturday night TOOOOO!!! HOW CREEPY IS THAT? What's really funny is that I was actually in labor... and then right in the middle of it, I was like "HEY! IT DOESN'T NEED TO HURT BECAUSE IT'S JUST A DREAM, SO WHY AM I IN PAIN???" LOL... yeah... craziness. :D Love ya, girl! Haha... Jared is a lucky punk. :)

Olivia said...

It just so turned out that I had been planning to write a post listing a bunch of random quirks and decided to do 32 in honor of you my awesomely quirky friend. So though I'm not doing this exactly like you tagged me... I'll have this post count as the same thing! I love you!

Oh, that the purple and yellow thing I totally can identify with! I used to hate both those colors... now I really like them both... if they are the right shade. Probably because I figured out that both those colors actually look good on me... strange, huh?

Hannah said...

Ha! Those were great! I loved them!

Also, the new font that your using is really cool...is it Inheritance...or wait, that Narnia one? *laughs* I have no idea, but I've seen one like it, and it's cool. :D

Hannah

Anonymous said...

I found this site using [url=http://google.com]google.com[/url] And i want to thank you for your work. You have done really very good site. Great work, great site! Thank you!

Sorry for offtopic

Post a Comment