9.29.2009

Short Answers etc.

I'm a baaaaaad blogger. :( I'm sorry guys! I wanted to comment on all of your Short Answers posts last week, but I got SO busy preparing for chair auditions for orchestra. I ended up practicing 13 hours in 5 days--but, I did get the exact chair I was praying for. 11th--which is 5th from the bottom. Anyways, it doesn't sound very good, but I am really happy about it.

So, nothing too exciting today--just this week's Short Answers and the promise of a more detailed post soon. ;) I hope you all are having a lovely week and that you'll leave a comment so I'll remember to stop by and say hello!

What is your most cherished memory?


Silas: Cherished? What does cherished mean?
It means like special.
My special-est memory would be blowing out my candles.
Why?
Hey, it’s my birthday and I’m blowing out candles!


Jonas: Cherished memory? You mean things we picture things? Oh no, those are imaginations. Have you ever had imaginations before? I have scary imaginations…like bad guys over there. *points at wall*.
No, cherished is like special. Like a special memory.
Oh. What’s a memory?
A memory is something you remember.
Well, I do remember when I was 3 I remember I was riding a bike with…what are they called?...the neighbors that used to live in our cottage. And they used to chase me. That’s what I remember. And I remember going on vacation and I fell. And I remember when Silas was 6 he pushed me and I fell, and my leg bled. *continues telling stories about getting hurt*


How old is Mom?


Silas: Um…39. Right?
Not exactly.
Oh…49 then.


Jonas: Um…Silas always says 31. Is she 31?
No.
How old is she?
You tell me.
35? Or 36? I KNOW! 22.


Do you like the sun or the snow better?


Silas: I like the snow better.
Why?
It’s cold and you can do more fun stuff. But in the sun, you just lay out there and take a nap. But in the coldness you can make a snowball, and snowball humans…and make them walk with electricity…and everyone’s like “Oh no! Walking snowman!” But yeah…we’ve never finished one all the way through before.


Jonas: Snow.
Why?
It’s funner. *Runs off to watch the rest of Little Women*


If you could have any super power, what would it be?


Silas: Being strong and having the force. Because you could carry stuff for free, and you don’t need a fan.

Jonas: Smoke, dust, and fire, and lasers coming out of my eyes….and shock coming out of my hands. *imitates shock coming out of hands*

Where do Norwegians live?


Silas: Kansas

Jonas: What does that mean? Where do they live? I don’t know. In Africa? In New York Deli? In….Wisconsin!?

10 comments. :

Marissa said...

That's totally okay. I've been so busy too. I've hardly had time to just post, let alone answer comments...
YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!! I'm SOOOOOOO happy for you!
11th isn't THAT bad, and if its the one you wanted then thats just totally awesome :D :D :D ( you pretty much deserve getting the chair you wanted for practicing that much!)

I can't wait to ask Meredith that questions! Yesterday she said "Are you going to interview me today?"
"No that tomorrow" "Oh!!!! I can't wait"
haha. I think she enjoys share all her knowledge ;D

So this is SO random, but really funny too ( at least I think so :D ) I had a dream about you the other night, we were in silver dollar city, running around trying to find a Starbucks, but we couldn't fine one that was opened... so then we like gave up and just went to ride some coasters. I was so weird! I woke up and started laughing... haha.

Have a GREAT day!
love ya,
~Marissa

Lynnette Kraft said...

These little boys of ours sure are funny. I can't believe how little they know! HA HA! Who's been teaching them?

Good morning dearie!
Love,
Momma

Kristin said...

Congrats on your chair!! (That doesn't sound quite right, but I can't think of another way to say it....LOL!)

The boys answers are so funny, as usual :) Sorry I haven't been good about participating! We're still trying to get into a good routine around here with dance and school and church going on now.

Linda said...

I love listening,(reading) the answers. Silas and Jonas are so adorable! Can't wait till Harrison can participate. (Hope you are still doing it by then)

I am glad you got the chair you wanted and I look forward to coming to see you perform someday.

And I am so excited that you offered to give grandpa and I two free tickets to one of the concerts. Thanks so much, that is so sweet of you Abigail.

You are pretty much awesome! (Tee Hee)

Luv ya lots!
Grandma

Alexis said...

Wow! Eleventh? That's awesome! Well, I'm pretty sure it is. I know nothing about it. I took violin for a while...and I have a violin...and I'm actually pretty musically inclined...but me and that violin...well, it's rebellious. Never does what I tell it to do, so we decided it would be best if we locked it up.

Loved Short Answers today. This is like my favorite ever. Do you want ideas for questions? If so, I'll try to help out like that because I can't join in with Matty yet.

Love ya, girl!!!
Alexis

croleyc69 said...

I know what you mean I have been so busy & haven't had alot of time to blog. I'm glad you got the chair you wanted. I love the boy's answers especially Mom's age. So cute. My kids really enjoy this and it is alot of fun to see what they say. Have a great day !!! :)
Caroline

Cheryl @ On the Old Path said...

This is so funny. My kids love answering these questions.

Miji said...

Congrats on the chair Abby! (:
I've been praying for you about the violin stuff and I'm so glad that you got the chair you were working towards! (:

I did Short Answers again with Sydney today.(: Hopefully soon I'll start doing it with some of my neighbors kids too, just to mix things up a bit on this end. Lol.

Love you and hope you're having an awesome week so far! (:

In Christ,
Miji

Becca said...

They are so hilarious! I especially enjoy reading Jonas answers, he just keeps going on and on.

Congrats on getting 11th chair. That is so special. Both my mom and my sister used to play but I was terrible!

Hope you have a great week!!

Marissa said...

In answer to your comment:

Abigail- She is :D
I know I still laugh about it because it just really funny! I will DEFIANTLY do that :D I would SO much fun :) Then maybe we can go looking for starbucks XD lol.
Thanks for being awesome too!
love ya,
~Marissa

Post a Comment