9.07.2009

Short Answers - I'm home!

Heyyyyyyyyaaaaa guys! I'm back from vacation, and it was absolutely INCREDIBLE! Granted, I failed in the relaxation department--but I'm not very good at relaxing when there's fun to be had. ^_^ I did take a couple of monster naps, and had a few 4 hour excursions in front of the television, but for the most part we kept really busy. Thanks to all of you who kept up with my twitter! It was so great to be able to hear from you all throughout the days!

Jared and I enjoyed the sunset almost every night at the resort with a walk around the lake.



Buuuuut...the next day I was always spastic and ready to ride the coasters as many times as possible!



This is one of my favorites, Wildfire. So awesome!



So, even though I'm kind of a crazy head when it comes to coasters, I must admit a weakness...I have always been scared to death of water slides. I can swim fairly well, and I'm not afraid of that, but the idea of plunging myself down a slide with no way to stop myself and being unable to breathe when I hit the bottom has always been a great fear for me. Jared's always been the opposite way...he absolutely LOVES water slides; so much in fact, that he said going down the slide was the highlight of his vacation. lol! Well, it was about 60 degrees on this evening (and every evening we were there) so we were kind of crazy to be out at the pool anyways, but wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles, he got me to go down the water slide! haha. He got it aaaaall on tape so you could see what a wimp I am.

video

So, I actually ended up doing it twice, because it wasn't so bad after all. But you heard Jared...I did it for you! lol. :D


This one's random...but I just thought you should see how epically cute my bros are. ^_^



Guess what? All of these photos and the video were taken with my iPhone...*sigh* I loveth it to death-eth.

Anyways...it was an insanely amazing time, but I was SO glad to get home! I think my favorite thing about vacation is stepping into my home after it's all over--it drastically improves my perspective of normal life. I'm starting to get a little annoyed now though, because I have to start school tomorrow. :/ That means I have to write up a schedule for myself, I have to wake up earlier than usual, and unfortunately I've gotta dust off the old brain. Oh wells...give me a week, and I'll be settled in. ;)

Ok, now for Short Answers!

To join in, just ask the following 5 questions to the kid(s) in your life. Post their answers on your blog, then come back here and link up so we can read the brilliance of the child's mind!



To grab this post banner, go here.


How tall are you?


Silas: About like…3 feet tall? Well, let me check *measures with hands* About 3 ½.

Jonas: What?
How tall are you?
I'm 6. How tall are you?


What are mom and dad doing when they pay bills?


Silas: Well, when we ask them something they don’t answer. *laughs* It’s true! And they work. That’s what they do.

Jonas: I don’t know.
Well, what do you think?
They get money? Right? Do they?


What’s the fanciest restaurant you’ve ever been to?


Silas: I have a lot of them…but the one that has the most yummiest food is Pizza Hut. They have dessert…they cook it fast. They have pizza and salad. Anything you want except for burgers and tacos!

Jonas: The McDonalds at Silver Dollar City. That’s where we got burgers for lunch.

Do you think you look more like Mom or Dad?


Silas: Well, I think I look like Mom.
Why?
I have her nose, and that’s it. And the rest belongs to you. Hahaha.
(He was quoting Indiana Jonas. lol.)


Jonas: I look like mom and dad?
Yeah.
No, but I do think I look like some guy with short hair and a different face.


If you could change your name, what would you change it to?


Silas: Bob.
*I laugh*
I say it all the time! And Mr. Incredible’s name is Bob…he’s awesome. And that guy can lift a whole train. Like weights!


Jonas: Henry Jonas Jr.. I LOVE THAT NAME!!! When I grow up.

8 comments. :

Holly said...

That coaster looks like a ton of fun!! And kudos for going down the water slide in 60 degree weather!!! Brrrr!

Kristin said...

Ha!!! I love the answers :)
Yay for you for going down the slide! That was a great video from your phone....you know I'm gonna have to get me one of those phones now! Ha!

I'll ask the girls the short answers when they get home from school.

Stephanie said...

Glad you had a great vacation!

Such cute answers. I loved Jonas' answer to whether he looked like Mom or Dad. Haha

Marissa said...

Looks like you had fun! :D it was fun following you on twitter :D

*applause for going down the water slide in 60 degree weather*

Crazy, I am the exact same way when it comes to water slides! For the same reasons as you. And my brother LOVES them. When ever we go to some place with a water slide ( which isn't very often ) he's always like "come on just do it! You'll love it!" I never have :/ I'll get up to the stair way, and just turn around. haha.
The video was funny. I was laughing because I would have acted the same way :D

I can't wait to ask my sibs those questions :D should be fun!

~Marissa

croleyc69 said...

Looks like you had a good time & I love roller coasters. Liked your questions this wk. :)
Caroline

Linda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda said...

Hey Abs,..you did it,..you went down the water slide! Too bad it was so cold that evening. Jared was teasing you whe he said it was warm,... the camera/phone was shaking cuz he was so cold! That stinker! ha!

We did have a blast on vacation,...but it is always good to get home huh?

Grandpa and I have to leave again on Friday for Santa Fe, and I am not rested up enough,...but I guess ya do what ya gotta do huh? (smile) It will be fun too I'm sure... once we get there. But it is a long trip.

Loved the "Short Answers" today. It is fun.

Love, Grams

Alexis said...

I love Short Answers! I'll have my nephew this week, so I might play along if he can sit still long enough to answer my questions.

I left you an award on my blog!!!

Post a Comment