11.21.2009

A Sweet Autumn Day

I've always thought I was the type who always "stopped to smell the roses"...but how often is that really the truth? I caught myself the other day doing just the opposite of that. I tend to get caught up in my "important" projects, and I really just forget to care about the other stuff.

Well, the other day, after a little prompting from my momma, I headed outside to spend some time with my little bros, and I felt so refreshed and rewarded after I did it.

Harry has no problem expressing himself in front of the camera. I've never seen such a free spirited two year old!




There's nothing cuter than a little boy's dirty shoes. ^_^


He's got Momma's affinity for nature!






Silas and Jonas showed me their "fort" (made of sticks and branches) in the woods...they're pretty next level if you ask me.






My orchestra concert is TOMORROW! I'm extremely excited! I'll tell you all about it in my next post. ^_^

15 comments. :

Lynnette Kraft said...

Well, if those pictures don't make you want to get outside more, I don't know what will! Amazingly good photos.

It's very hard to get away from duties - but my sweet daughter, become a pro while your young, because it gets harder when you have children. Always take time to enjoy the little pleasures - because those are the things that make us smile the biggest and bring us the greatest joy.

I'm so glad you went outside and took those fantastic pictures! (I always crack myself up when I type the word fantastic, because I NEVER say it! ha!!)

Love you so much. Can't wait to hear your concert tomorrow.

Momma :)

croleyc69 said...

Great pictures and it is great to get outside. I have 4 children and 2 in heaven but at times it's rough just to take anytime just for Mom. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't trade a day from being a Mom. The simple things are the best.
Good luck tomorrow and I enjoy your blog so much.
{{HUGS}}
Caroline

Lucy said...

lovely pics - looks such fun :)

Verna said...

Abigail dearest, never let your sweet relationship with your mother go by the wayside. Treasure it, learn from her and keep that communication great.

Enjoy family while you still have them around you. And do stop and smell the roses time and time again.

Good luck on your concert. Wish I lived closer so I could come and enjoy it too.

Charlotte Ann said...

Beautiful Post! I cant wait for the next one either. Maybe your mom can video you and the orchestra and you can post it or something. I would love to hear a piece sometime. :0)

Ms. Sarah said...

good luck at your concert. I am sure it will be great. Loved the pictures

Hannah said...

Beautiful pictures! I love the first one of Harrison, and the last two of...oh, is it, Jonas?

Thanks for your lovely comment. =)

Good luck with your concert--I'll be praying for you. Can't wait to hear how it went.

Love & Blessings,

Hannah

Marissa said...

That is SO true! I tend to do that too, get all caught up in the "important" stuff and miss some quality time with my siblings. Then I'll take time to do something with them and it will be SO fun! Like just playing house with Meredith or doing something with Megan (my other sister) or go play some video games with my brother even though I absolutely stink at them =)
It's the simple little things, I think that bring the most pleasure =)

I LOVED the pictures! Little kids are SO photogenic (if thats even the right word) Meredith has to be one of my main photography materials and a very cute one at that! =D

The boys fort looks very cool. Me and my brother have built a few of those in our days are younger kids =) lol

Have a great day Abigail! And good luck again on your concert! Can't wait to here about it!
Love ya!
--Marissa

Christina said...

Now that's the kinda day I'm talking about!

Olive Tree said...

Beautiful photos!

I was wondering what you used to make things move on some of the blogs you've designed. Is it Flash?

Anna Gray said...

Not only are you a super awesome blog designer, but you are a super awesome photo taker too! Your bros are adorable! Good luck on the concert! :0)

Kate said...

What a great time with family! Can't wait to hear about the concert, so exciting!!

Bekah said...

Awesome pictures!! I love the one with your momma and Harrison!! :)

GOOD LUCK!!!! I'll be praying!!

Love ya!
Bekah

Lauren Anne said...

wonderful pics! i just designed my blog, and was wondering if you could give me a few thoughts or tips. you know...designer to designer.. :)

Kelly said...

Awesome awesome pictures!!! I will say that it is so important to spend time with your siblings. I got married a year and a half ago and I miss my younger brothers so much! Yes, we still live close and we see each other a lot, but it's not the same as living in the same house.
Can't wait to hear about your concert! Hope it went well :)

Post a Comment