12.31.2009

Happy New Year!

I relished the last 45 minutes of 2009 with the new Avatar soundtrack (James Horner)...to say it is brilliant would be an understatement. I only wish that the last 45 minutes weren't also spent with a wheat heat on my head because of a splitting headache. Ick...but if we expected life to be all fairies and fireflies, we'd be severely disappointed. As it is, escaping in the serene soundscapes of Avatar, makes me able to feel at peace, and momentarily forget about the throbbing in my head.

I think the highlight of 2009 for me was the realization that creative expression is really a way of life--not just a zone you can slip into, or a moment you have while viewing/creating works of art. It's a channel of vision that once entered can't be escaped.



Now, I'll end with this solemn and serious video of enlightening awesomeness. I hope you are moved to tears.



Harry says, "Ok...you can laugh now." :D



Ecclesiastes 3:11


He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

21 comments. :

Lynnette Kraft said...

Well since I was a party pooper and zonked on the couch all night, I didn't realize you had a headache - you poor thing. Must be because you wore your glasses today after not wearing them very much - you think?

Cheers to 2010! (Grandma's ringing in the new year with her kombucha! ha!)

Love,
Momma

Lexi said...

Hey Abigail!! sorry you had a headache! no fun =(

wow all of you are so brave...I think I crashed at like 10. haha

your video is HILARIOUS! I was laughing so hard at you guys that I had tears running down my cheeks. lol

Hope your fam has a great New Year day!

Blessings,
Lexi

Hannah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hannah said...

Oh, sorry about your headache, that's not fun.

OHMIWORD! Your video is SO awesome (as in, "AH! so funny! so funny!" :P). I was laughing SO hard. I'm almost gonna have to bookmark this page so I can come back to this video anytime...

I'm kidding, but seriously, SO funny. ^^

Happy New Year! :)

Love you, & Blessings,

Hannah

Vera said...

Abby, you are awesome! Happy New Year!!

Linda said...

Abigail Grace...you are such an amazing creation! I love everything about you!

I am sorry you had a headache last night. I can so, so, so sympathize...since I get them so often. But the good thing is they do go away eventually. (:>)

Glad you guys enjoyed the Avatar Soundtrack. I knew you would!

Hey I LOVE the pictures of Silas and Harrison. You and your mama are sure good photographers.

Happy New Year Sweet Abigail!

Luv ya, Grams

Linda said...

Oh,...and mama was wrong...I pooped out at 10:30 and didn't ring in the New Year! Tee Hee

Sydney Rae said...

Hey there! Haha! Loved your video!
Happy new year!

A.B.T said...

Ha Ha! I love this video. Hilarious!

Barbie said...

I am sorry you had to suffer with a headache ringing in the New Year. You video made me laugh very hard today. Happy New Year!

Marissa said...

Happy new year Abigail!! sorry about your headache. I hate those. Your video made me laugh, again. =) Because I watched it already yesterday. But I still made me laugh. Hard. lol.
Haha. So you caught that little reference on my blog did you? lol. I couldn't help it. It was funny! =) haha.

Love ya!
--Marissa

Kristin said...

I feel for you on having the headache....I just cannot function with a headache! Hope it's all better today!

I loved your video :) It will be so much fun to see what plans the Lord has for both you and Jared. You are both so talented in so many ways!

I got my art print and I love it so much! Thank you so much for that! It is amazing and I will treasure it forever!

Wife, mother...and now a grandma! said...

So sorry about the headache...I woke up in the middle of the night with a "killer" myself!! finally gone tho! You two are amazing...always!!! I loved, loved, loved the video!! Cracked me up!!!

Happy New Year!!

Rachel M. said...

Happy New Year, Abigail!
I have a quick question to ask of you ;) How did you change the fonts on your blog? For example, like in the titles of your posts?
I love seeing the creative ideas you come up with!
God bless you!

~Rachel M. from Hopejourney~

Alexis said...

Wow...that was really...wow.

You guys are nuts. I'm moving in.

Anonymous said...

I"m just starting to learn about the forex market and I am wandering witch sites are the best for newbies.Thanks
[url=http://forexrobot-review.info]best forex software[/url] [url=http://www.cittaslow.com/forum/2.html?topic=29]unlock iphone[/url]

Josh said...

Hey Abigail,
Thanks for leaving the comment on my blog. I really love hearing from your mom, you and Jared...

I get migraines every so often and they are miserable, so I know how you felt...
The Youtube video was on your momma's blog and I watched it on there! Cracked up the whole time =) You and Jared are so fun, I'm coming to visit.(Are you guys that awesome everyday?! JK) My twin Jenna and I are really close and we play off of each other really well, so I thought it was really cute the way you and Jared were having fun together.

God Bless you sister,
Josh

Anna Gray said...

Sorry you had a headache! I get those pretty often too..ugh.

The vid was hysterical! :0D

- Blogger address changed to theannacabana.blogspot.com

♥Libby♥ said...

Hey Abigail,
I came here from Lexi's blog...
Your blog is awesome! Feel free to check out mine and follow at girlsofhope.blogspot.com :)

Libby
P.s. I'm following your blog.. :) Well, not yet, but I will once I've posted this comment :)

Miller Racing Family said...

The last photo is my favorite, you can almost hear the laughter. I hope you have a blessed 2010 and can't wait to participate in more short answer posts.
Have a great weekend.

Joni said...

That video was simply A-MAZ-ING! :) You guys are awesome.

Post a Comment