12.28.2009

This & That...

Christmas break is going splendidly. I've had lots of time to read and do fun stuff with the family, and all of the Christmas celebrations have been utterly fantastic. :)

I got my orchestra music for this semester in the mail last week, so I'm keeping busy with that. I'm not totally psyched about the chosen piece, so if you could be in prayer for me about that, it would be SO appreciated. I like to enjoy playing what I'm playing, and I think I can warm up to it eventually, but it's just not my cup of tea really. Besides that, I'm getting nervous about chair auditions. (...already, and they're still about a month away--Oh, dear...) I want to get into the next level of orchestra (Youth Symphony) this next year with everything in me--If I don't get in, I think I'll melt. lol. :P I guess all I can do to get there is play like crazy, build the passion, and pray without ceasing. Isn't it cool how passion has a synergy like that? If I can just channel the passion I feel in my heart for Christ, then my violin has so much more personal meaning--and a lot fewer nerves attached to it.

Sorry for the random post--just wanted to let you all know what's been going on. :)

I'll try to visit you all here pretty soon! I've been really bad about being "on the ball" with my computer stuff since break started. But I should get better about that soon. :)

8 comments. :

Lexi said...

Glad your break is going well Abigail! I will be praying for the new music! =)

Love ya!
Lexi

Hannah said...

I'm glad you're having a nice break--don't worry about not visiting us all. I'm sure you've been busy--I definitely have. :)

I'll pray for your new music. (Isn't that cool how we can channel that? I was singing in church several months ago, and the night before I just prayed and prayed and prayed that I would sing and give the glory to HIM, and that when I sang, they wouldn't see me, but HIM, and a couple people remarked on that, that it seemed that way. Because, y'know, I didn't want it to be about me, I wanted it to be about HIM, and it was really cool to me that it came across that way.)

Love you & Blessings,

Hannah

Bekah said...

That's awesome you're having a nice break...I love just sitting around, reading, doodling, expanding on plots, etc. Feels so nice. :)

I will definitely pray. I hope you do warm up to it...I know you will. :)

Love you,
Bekah

Ben McCarthy said...

what's the orchestra piece?

Ben McCarthy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristin said...

I bet you'll do great! I will pray about it for you too :) Glad you're having a great Christmas break!

Marissa said...

Thats awesome! I know how excited you were about getting the music! I'll be sure to pray for you about it. I know who I goes. Sometimes if you really don't like a piece you don't feel like practicing it.

I'm glad you are having a nice break. =) I love being on break too. Just laying around nothing to do really... =D Leaves time for visiting friends! haha. I got on a plane yesterday and flew down to visit my friends for 2 weeks.
anyway... rambling

I hope you have a great rest of break! And let us know when chair auditions are so we can pray harder =)

love ya!
--Marissa

Olivia said...

It's the first time I noticed your new Christmas look! I love it!

So Abigail, I order you not to freak out about chair auditions. ;) You work your butt off and I'm sure that it will pay off.

Oh, one other thing, I saw the video of you and Jared doing the Christmas song and was wondering if I could get a copy of the violin music (since I noticed you used music). It was very pretty and kudos to Jared and his mad composition skillz.

Post a Comment