1.29.2010

Oh, the Lengths to Which I Will Go

Remember that snow I was talking about? Well....it came. In great abundance, I might add. So, I--your beloved friend, Abigail--decided to do something completely insane.

You often hear people talking about all of the crazy things they'll do for a great picture. Basically, I'm almost positive I've topped the list.



Do you see those sleeves (or rather, lack thereof)? I went outside, in 15 degrees, snow blowing from every direction, dressed in a sleeveless formal....and I took pictures using the timer on my camera and a tripod.





My personal favorite...


It doesn't look very painful, does it? Well, this is what I looked like most of the time.



Yeah...trust me, it WAS painful.


Afterwards, it took me five minutes to get enough feeling back into my hands to untie my shoes (it was still really really hard)...then I walked upstairs and got freaked out about hypothermia, so I started blasting loud music.

I'm ok now.



*shiver* The things I'll do for you guys. ;)

46 comments. :

Joni said...

Oh! So pretty! Cold: such a high price to pay for such loveliness... but I'm glad you did! These pictures are wonderful. They look like they should be on the cover of a book or CD. Maybe next time you should take your violin out with you and pose for your album. :)

Lexi said...

ahhhh I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE those pictures! LOL we are sooo alike its crazy..I am always asking my mom to take pictures of me outside in the snow with a dress on. =D You did a great job! Beauty comes with a price! hehe

The picture of me in my header with the t-shirt was taken in WAY below freezing weather and everything was WET. haha

Love and hugs!
Lexi

Marissa said...

HAHA! You are crazy. But the picture are soooooo awesome =) Way cool. Or.. way cold. lol
If you ever make a CD cover of you playing violin you should use those. that what they remind me of... a CD cover. =)
My personal favorites are the 1st and 4th ones =)
Don't ruin your beautiful self by doing this to often though ;)

Love ya!
--Marissa

Kendrabelle Logan said...

Gorgeous pictures!

Haha, you sound like me worrying about hypothermia XD

~Kendra

Christina Egner said...

My favorite is the same as yours.

Curious....I tried setting the timer and all my pictures turned out blurry. Any advice? {you can email me if you get time}

Alexis said...

Holy frozen wow! Beautiful, and making me freezing.

Kristin said...

Ooooohh.....so beautiful!!!! LOVE it!!!

Karen said...

It does sound painful, but the pictures are just beautiful!

Blessings,
Karen

Kathryn said...

Well the quality of the art is worth the pain, i guess. You are beautiful & your pics are fantastic.

Wonder if your snow is what we had last week?

Hannah said...

LOVE it! AWESOME idea--and LOVE the pictures. Mmm...looks so fun.

Yes, I know it would be freezing. My friends and I decided to go down this huge snow tubing hill in freezing rain with no coats, hats or gloves.

Although, I think you trump us. :)

Beautiful pics--you're SO pretty, Ab. :)

Love you & Blessings,

Hannah

simplebeauty said...

Your pictures turned out lovely! And what a lovely color of a dress to take pictures in....in the snow!!!

Thank you for keeping all the deep snow to the south of us today!

Smiles...

Hannah said...

Came back again...(actually, kept your bloggie up). I just LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the pictures--ESPECIALLY the first and second one. Perfect dress to go with it too; all purply and maroonish. ^^

Love you & Blessings,

Hannah

Intelligent Tool said...

amazing pics! do you use photoshop to edit? you look just beautiful!

Bekah said...

AMAZING pictures. Utterly amazing.

Perfect dress, too--the sharp contrast between the white and the purple of your dress...beautiful.

Ab, you are SO beautiful. Like utterly and completely.

I'd say you were sitting in a chair with a white backdrop--if not for your ears. They are proof enough of the chilliness. ;)

Love you, and BEAUTIFUL pictures! :)

Bekah

Lynnette Kraft said...

My lovely, insanely beautiful and CRAZY daughter - it was worth it because they are gorgeous pictures! You got me wanting to be creative. I wonder what nutty idea I can come up with - I promise you it WON'T be involve hypothermia. :)

Love you.
Momma

Lynnette Kraft said...

Oh and as I already said - that last picture is AMAZING! I love them all, but that one is extra creative and beautiful.

Nana said...

Beautiful pictures! Yeah, I think you about top the list;)

Aspiemom said...

The lengths you will go to for little ole us! You got some beautiful pictures, Abigail! What a creative mind you have! (And brave!)

Jenna said...

You are something else, Abigail!! I can hardly go outside WITH my wonderful pair of trusty carhartts and lots of other great winter clothes:)

Beautiful pictures~

Love,
JEnna

Mindy said...

Those are gorgeous pictures! I would say totally WORTH IT! I can say that because it wasn't me out there freezing my tuckus off =) Beautiful!

croleyc69 said...

Simply Beautiful and I love it !!! Sounds like something I would do.
Caroline :)

Cassie said...

Those pictures are gorgeous though, even though you had to endure much pain to get them. =D

I've been following your blog for a while and I love it...

Forever In Christ,
Cassie

Kyle Kraft said...

Cool (literally:). You are beautiful, the snow loves you.

pops.

Linda said...

Beautiful...just beautiful!

Abigail...you know I have called you "Snow White" before..because of your beautiful dark hair and ivory skin, and your rosy red lips...but I didn't mean for you to actually "BE" Snow White and go out into the snow dressed like a princess without her cloak!...((smile))

I hope you don't get sick from the prolonged exposure to the cold my dear granddaughter.

Prayers for a good audition tomorrow.

Love you sooo much!
Grams

Josh said...

Hey Ab,
Those pictures are so creative that I am jealous! They look so professional and you did a great job despite the fact that I am now freezing from looking at them. What fun! Keep up the awesome work ;)

Blessings "cuz'",
Josh

Mom to 9 Blessings! said...

THEY ARE GORGEOUS ABIGAIL!

I love the last one with your eyes closed - gorgeous and so creative!

Hugs and much love,
Mrs. Samter

Ashley said...

AHH!!! I love you! lol (not in a creepy way or anything) I'm glad I'm not the only person who will go out in the cold in a sleeveless shirt. Although, you were taking pictures... I'm just crazy.

Beautiful pictures, by the way.

Wife, mother...and now a grandma! said...

You are crazy...ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!! but crazy nonetheless!!! The pictures are great!! What a fun memory!!

Love ya,
Nancy

Jamimania said...

Abigail, you are stunning!! That was so brave and creative - I LOVE IT!! Your favorite is also my favorite, but they are all gorgeous. Your talent knows no bounds!! Thanks for sharing.

Love and hugs
Jami

Lyn said...

Abigail,
Your pictures are absolutely beautiful! You are very brave to get out there in the cold, but it sure did make an awesome background. Very talented!
Have a great weekend!
Lyn

Jessica Faith said...

those are beautiful pics abigail and you're so pretty!!! so creative... unfortunately we coloradoans don't have any snow at the moment which is quite weird!! very good idea - now no getting sick my friend!!!
hugs!!

Emma said...

Those are beautiful pics of you!! My friend recently went on something called the Polar Bear Plunge, where we jump in a bay in the freezing cold weather to raise money for the Special Olympics. Today the high reached 26 and she still did it! She was on the bus back and she still couldn't feel her feet =]
I love the pictures!
~~Emma~~

Kelly said...

You are crazy! :) But oh my word, those pictures are AMAZING!!! You are a beautiful girl!

Sydney Rae said...

It is so hard for me to imagine anyone having snow when I have been runnin' around it a t-shirt where I live!

Those are awesome pictures! They look professional, and you too! A perfect model!

Sydney Rae

Heather said...

Those pictures are beautiful! That is so cool that you tried that. Now I want to do something like that...but it's like 5 degrees out here. :)

Kylie said...

Wow... those pictures are *amazing*!!! I absolutely love them. You are so pretty! And I love your dress. :D

~Kylie

Michelle said...

I think you look absolutely beautiful! Good job getting out there and facing that frigid cold!

Kelly @ The Beauty of Sufficient Grace said...

These pics are gorgeous Abigail...love, love, love it! You are beautiful!!!

Rachel B said...

Those are awesome pictures! Crazy of you to do that, but awesome results! :P lol

~Rachel

Anna Gray said...

OMGosh! The pics are sooo pretty..but they look soo cold!

My mom's friend's daughter did pics of herself outside in the snow...but in a bikini and in the mountains! I think I like your pics more than the bikini ones. :0D

claudine@orphanscry.com said...

Beautiful photos of a beautiful (and crazy) woman of valour. Looove the photos, esp the last. You look the the oldest daughter in "The Railway Children" -- at least in these shots.

Continue to "keep your heart with all diligence." You are a rare treasure...and a very blessed young lady :)

The Lord bless & keep you...& give you peace,

Claudine T in MD

Miji said...

Haha, all I have to say to this is "Abigail, I LOVE YOU!" Lol. You are so great! Btw, those pictures are amazing, even the goofy ones.
:D

Linda said...

Hi Ab...I gave you a blog award on my blog because your blog is one of my favorites...and I love you so much.

Grams

crystal theresa said...

<3 the pictures! nice work, crazy girl ;) i'm not sure loud music is the cure for hypothermia, but if it works! :D

Melian said...

Beautiful pics, Abigail! I LOVE the fourth! Very creative!!! Simply lovely.

This is my first time coming by your blog, but I'm comin' back again!

Love & Hugs, Melian

Tracy P. said...

The top one is gorgeous! I could get a photo like that here on pretty much any given day from mid-December through...about March. Well, not like THAT, but with a background like that. I even like the pink that the cold put in your cheeks. Beautiful.

Post a Comment