3.11.2010

A Concert and Some Good News!

Do you guys remember me telling you that I had an orchestra concert this last Saturday? Well, I did....and it went great! I think I was a little disappointed after the concert--just because I was sick of 11th chair, but guess what....I mean...GUESS WHAT!!!!!!

I was automatically pushed up to 2nd violins in the next level of orchestra!!!!! Ok, that doesn't sound great...and frankly, I'm not shooting for 2nd violins, BUT...that just makes my chances of getting into 1st violins that much better! My audition will be on April 30th (I think). I'm just SO THRILLED to know that even if I don't get 1st violins, I'm still in the Youth Symphony!!!!! Yup, I'm excited.

It turned out to be great music this year! The cello solo in the Lalo is absolutely GORGEOUS! It's amazing to me that there are so many insanely talented people. That soloist is a sophomore in high school! I know....crazy, right?

So, now that I've suffocated you all with my overwhelming excitement, I think I'll just shut my pie hole and show you the videos.

OH.....and sorry about the kid in the middle of the last one. My dad always finds people we know and decides to zoom in on them. Smart...for personal use. Ha! :D


I know a lot of you don't have time to listen to the whole concert, so if you just want to watch one, the last video is my favorite.





15 comments. :

Megan said...

Congrats! So happy for you!

Hannah said...

I'm listening to the second video as we speak, and it's AMAZING. SO lively and exuberant yet still powerful. hee hee...Love it. ;-)

And congrats with your violin! That's SO awesome! :-)

Love you!
Hannah

melanie said...

I love string orchestras and I think it's awesome that you're a part of this! I'm amazed at the talent of so many young people. Keep playing and GOOD LUCK with your audition!

Hannah said...

Oooh...I love from 1:45 - 4:30...
Okay, I LOVE the whole thing--is your performance on itunes yet? ^_^

Hannah said...

My favorite part might be the last 45 seconds though. ;-)

Rachelle14 said...

It's amazing! I envy you your talent! I always wanted to be able to do something with music, but it's just not there for me. Music is one of God's gifts to us...use it for His glory!

Shannon said...

Oh I love these videos...you are very gifted and beautiful to boot! God has truely blessed you!

Melissa said...

oh my gosh, im so excited i found your blog - we have some stuff in common, i think. mainly love of music & Jesus. :) love your blog! & yay for moving to 2nd violins!!

Lindsay said...

Oh, that's beautiful, Abigail!! I've always wanted to learn how to play the violin. It's such a beautiful instrument! =)

Sherrie said...

Congratulations! What beautiful music! You all did a great job. My daughter plays 1st chair viola for the Granite Youth Symphony in Salt Lake City, Utah. I live in Montana now so I miss seeing her performances. Again, Congrats to you.

Holly said...

The music is beautiful! I hope you do well!

Rachel M. said...

Beeautiiifuulll!!! (beautiful)
:) :)
Thanks for sharing!

Kyle Kraft said...

You Rock Stistaaah!
Pops. (On my second mega-cup of javajavajavajavajaaaaaaahhhhhhvvvvvvaaahhhhh!

Pam Ponder said...

the music is beautiful CONGRATS AND GOODLUCK!!!

Marissa said...

Congrats on moving up!!!!! Thats SOOOO exciting!
I LOVED your orchestra videos ;D They were awesome. Your orchestra sounds amazing! I loved the second and last one probably the best. But they are all very good ;D

love ya!
--Marissa

Post a Comment