3.24.2010

Simplifying for Sanity - It Works!



I cannot express to you with adequate exuberance how wonderful I feel after simplifying my bedroom. It goes beyond tidying, cleaning, or even organizing (in my opinion), because it took the space where I spend most of my time, and stripped it down to a manageable level! I have everything I need, and not enough extra to stress me out any time in the near future. Praise the Lord for my momma encouraging me to participate in this week's Simplifying for Sanity! It was several hours of work, but I feel simply magnificent since finishing it.

{Before}



Can you see why it needed work so badly?

No need for a double take...yes, that IS my Christmas tree. *gasp*



Being sick does take its toll on my surroundings as well--as you can see from the pile of Kleenex on my nightstand and the flax bag lying on the floor.







{After}



This is the spot I'm most excited about...

Clean desk = Happiness!



I made my bed! I know...big whoop....no seriously!



You all are going to think I've lost my marbles--frankly, I'm beginning to think so--but, two days ago, I said a long and heartbreaking goodbye to my dearest Mr. Bean; or rather, the poster of him that had hung on my wall for several months. I only had one consolation good enough to relieve my suffering.

Take a look at this picture....


Ooh....what is that?

It's my brand new decal from Leen the Graphics Queen!



I am vividly aware of how cheesy those last few captions sounded, but I am truly extremely excited about this new addition to my wall-dwelling family. It just brings a new effect of contrast to that wall--it makes the whole room look crisper! Ah! I love it!

Leen, you are amazing!



Guys, you have to go check out her store. You will fall in love. My tree is probably my new favorite piece in the room.

So now, when I walk into my room, I am greeted by a tidy and inviting piece of me...



...and I can play my violin without chaos surrounding me!



Ah....it feels so. nice.

25 comments. :

Lindsay said...

Oh my... I can't believe you still had your Christmas tree up. :D I think my favorite spot is the desk. It looks sooo nice... I love it. What a transformation! Great job, Abigail!! :)

~ Love & Blessings,
Lindsay <3

Sherrie said...

Wow its looking good. You have an awesome bedroom. I envy that desk!

Barbie said...

It looks fantastic! It must be a great feeling to know you can actually do work on an uncluttered desk. Oh and I LOVE the wall decal!

melanie said...

wow! It looks amazing, Abigail! I really love the black and white--it emphasizes elegant simplicity. Great work!

sara said...

Looks great! I really need to clean/declutter my room too-its the area where all the random junk in our house ends up at! You've inspired me to start on it today :)
sara http://myfrugalfunlife.blogspot.com/

Hannah said...

Looks SO clean! I love your desk...so big...so clean...^_^

I should put my simplifying for sanity up...soon. Maybe. ;-)

Love you!
Hannah

Hannah said...

Oh, and love that wall decal. It looks like the tree brush you have on your header. ;-)

Hannah said...

Did I mention I've been begging my mom to come to the chum gathering?

Melissa G. said...

It looks great!
And i'm going to have to check out those decals.

Megan said...

I love your room! It is so tidy and organized now! It must be fun to walk into such a tidy room, isn't it refreshing? I love the new edition to your wall, very cute! I am thinking about redoing my room in pink and black, so I am going to have to check out her designs, they look really cool.

Thanks for sharing your Simplifying for Sanity with us.

Blessings,
Megan
www.followinghispath2.blogspot.com

Megan said...

I love your room! It is so tidy and organized now! It must be fun to walk into such a tidy room, isn't it refreshing? I love the new edition to your wall, very cute! I am thinking about redoing my room in pink and black, so I am going to have to check out her designs, they look really cool.

Thanks for sharing your Simplifying for Sanity with us.

Blessings,
Megan
www.followinghispath2.blogspot.com

Megan said...

I love your room! It is so tidy and organized now! It must be fun to walk into such a tidy room, isn't it refreshing? I love the new edition to your wall, very cute! I am thinking about redoing my room in pink and black, so I am going to have to check out her designs, they look really cool.

Thanks for sharing your Simplifying for Sanity with us.

Blessings,
Megan
www.followinghispath2.blogspot.com

Katie G. said...

Wow! Your room looks GREAT! I may have to try this in the near future.... Hmmm.... :P

Life Is Crazy Beautiful said...

Nice job Abigail! You inspire me to finish my room - I took on way too many different projects the last week or so. Love-love-l♥ve the tree!!! Enjoy your sanity, :)
Aunt Lisa

Kendra Logan said...

Awesome post! I *love* your room! I agree, that tree is really cool. And I know how you feel about your room feeling kind of cluttered. I should simplify mine, too...hmm...XD

~Kendra

Kristin said...

I love it! I love that tree too!! If only I could get motivated around here to do some more simplifying!

Linda said...

Abigail it looks fantabulous!!!

You have such good taste. I love the black and white cuz it is so fresh and crisp looking. (:>)

And the tree wall application is soooo cool. (Can old grannies say that?) Ha!!!

Great job of organizing too...the desk looks great.

Love you mucho,
Grams

Lucy said...

That looks gorgeous...am jealous!!

Rachel M. said...

Looks great, Abigail!!! Nice and clean....love the decal too (going off to visit the website)
;D

Love and blessings,
Rachel

Holly said...

It looks great!

Anonymous said...

What a great job, I needed some inspiration to do my bedroom too. After all I am the MOM in this house. hahahaha


Erika

Mylène. said...

wauw, I like your bedroom!
maybe I should do my bedroom too haha...
I like your blog by the way, I'm going to follow you ^^

carissa @ lowercase letters said...

i can't believe i missed this post! your room is gorgeous... especially after it's been neat and tidied! : ) your christmas tree made me laugh! you are presh. thank you for all your sweet comments. i'm glad to have "met" you! you are like my design idol. ha. happy weekend!

Näna said...

Looks awesome, Ab. I can so relate to that wonderful feeling of a clean room.

...::Mrs. Southern Bride::... said...

wow, your room is beautiful! what an inspiration to go clean and de-clutter my bedroom! :) that decal is amazing!

Post a Comment