4.12.2010

In My Absence...

Hey, guess what....I'm not dead!!! And what's more, I have not decided to give up blogging either. Basically, whatever strange and cynical ideas you'd come up with to explain my absence...just get them out of your mind. Because my only reasoning is time. You see...this last Friday was Cecily's 14th birthday!

Doesn't she look pretty in her birthday outfit?

So, Cecily, Silas, Jonas, and I spent a couple of days with my grandma and grandpa, before having a party with all of our extended family on that side.

Bailey joined us for the evening, and brought her PS2 with Guitar Hero World Tour. I used to have it, but since I got rid of it my skills have decreased. Still, Bailey has enough talent for the both of us.


Cecily and Bailey always get a kick out of each other...mainly because they're both giggle boxes! heehee. ^_^ I'm not a giggler, but I do love to hear them do it so naturally!



When we first got to their house, Grandma presented Silas and Jonas with these fun joker hats and scepters. I know they don't go together, but the boys don't care. Anything to help realize the visions of their imagination!


On the morning of "day 2", I woke up to the sound of my sibs chatting with Grandma in the kitchen. I walked into the kitchen and found her making pancakes.

It turns out that she didn't make quite enough for everyone in the house (that seems to be how it is when you've got two ravenous little boy-o's eating all of the food), but she generously pointed out that it is a mother's--and inherently--a grandmother's pleasure to eat something else when there isn't enough. It's true...I've seen it. But still, sweet.

After breakfast, Grandpa took the boys fishing, and they had a blast! Silas caught two fish, and was very proud of himself.



Jonas didn't catch anything, but enjoyed Grandpa showing him Silas's fish.


So, we had a lot of fun! But I'm glad to be back to the normal routine so that I can start blogging again! I missed you guys!

10 comments. :

Lindsay said...

Oh, wow... you have been busy, Abigail!! It sounds like you've been having a ton of fun, but I know what you mean about getting back to a normal routine! Glad you're back. =)

~ Love & Blessings,
Lindsay <3

Bekah said...

Sounds like you had a blast, my dear Ab.

Like always, the pictures are ADORABLE--you are an amazing photographer. :)

Keep posting those amazing pictures. :)

Love you,
Bekah

Wife, mother...and now a grandma! said...

The pics are perfect as usual....and your family...well...they are pretty much perfect too...and leave it to YOUR grandmother to make perfectly round pancakes!! I am so NOT surprised!! Sounds like a fun time for all!! Glad you are back!

Näna said...

What a great time! Beautiful pics, Ab. Your brothers look absolutely darling on the fishing trip. Happy birthday to Cecily! Yes, she does look very pretty in her outfit which, by the way, is adorable.

Hannah said...

I know you aren't dead...that's what fb and twitter are for, right? To make sure that Ab is still there and alive? Hee hee...sounds like you had a really fun time. It's always nice to take time off and relax/celebrate with family.

Sounds like my grandma too--she doesn't eat until pretty much everyone is done, just so we all get something to eat. I <3 gramma's. God really gave us something good there. :-)

And those fish pictures are darling (my new fave word). Jonas' expression is adorable. And look at that grin of Silas'! What a cutie. :-)

So glad you're back--we've missed you for the few days and all.

Love you! (and DEFINITELY still begging),
--Hannah

Kristin said...

Sounds like so much fun! Glad you're not giving up on blogging :)

carissa @ lowercase letters said...

how fun! i think some of my most favorite memories are those spent at my grandparent's house. happy belated bday to your sis! sounds like you had a sweet celebration. you bro's are too cute. i can only imagine all the fun the joker hats and scepters brought them! you blogging = me smiling.

Hannah said...

AB! I just realized something terrible! You actually DON'T follow my blog....(HOW COULD YOU?! Okay...just kidding...I hadn't really realized...) You gotta click that big, tempting, followers button, chica! ;-)

Love you!
--Hannah

sanjeet said...

you are an amazing photographer.
post free classifieds

Marissa said...

Wow. Sounds like you've been busy! But I'm sure you had a lot of fun right? Haha. I'm so bad a Guitar Hero... my 9 and 6 year old sisters can beat me on it. Just shows you how bad I am.... lol

Loved the pictures!!!! The boys with the fish was awesome :D

Glad your back to blogging :D

Love ya!
Marissa

Post a Comment