4.22.2010

It's All Worth Reaching For!



“If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.”
Frank A. Clark


Looking at photos often formulates my posts for me--this post is no exception. When I saw this photo, I realized that it encompasses much of what life is like. Always striving, always reaching....but even when I finally grasp what I'm reaching for, my toes are still in firm contact with the rocky ground beneath me. Fear and insecurity in my own strength is what keeps me from lifting my feet up off of the ground, which brings security and safety--but what if I just leapt up and held on for dear life? I would absolutely fall. Why? Because I can't hold on forever while I still have that fear of failure.

It's like being in a constant stretch--you can feel your muscles tighten and morph into elongated shapes, but as long as you're there, your muscles are flexed and pulled. But isn't that just how life is? At every turn, no matter what you're reaching for, there's that strain of trial and affliction. Does that mean we should give up and drop to the ground in defeat? NO! Because someday, when we finally lift our feet off the ground and trust, the strain will be gone. our goal will have been met.

I remember after my little sister, Anna went to be with Jesus, it felt like the world was going to end. I've never felt such an inner strain just to keep doing simple things. It was difficult to do, but what kind of example would my family have been to others if we hadn't kept on? If we had simply wallowed in our sorrow forever and ever? We wouldn't have been living examples of God's infinite grace, love, and mercy. It may be more difficult in the moment to keep perspective and reach for the Jesus....but in the end, we will be shining brighter than we could imagine--with the light of our Father! Our victory is not our own...our victory is that of the people who witness our example...the people who see the blinding victory of Christ.

And one day, we will be lifted effortlessly to the heights which we have reached for so tirelessly. Our limbs will dissolve in the strength of the arms which grasp us, and we will see perfect peace. That's what we're reaching for...and I want to be sure I'm ready and reaching when the day comes for those loving arms to sweep me off my feet and for my faith to be complete.





I wrote this, and was pleasantly surprised when I saw it went perfectly into Hannah's topic this week, "Foto Faves". Check it out, and join in! She's got more great giveaways this week!

16 comments. :

Hannah said...

Abigail, this post was simply wonderful! So true and so beautiful. I love all of your posts--they just RESONATE with truth.

Thanks for such a lovely and incredible reminder, o-friend-of-mine. You are an incredible inspiration and an amazing chum. :-)

Really, this post was just AMAZING. So true, so beautiful, so real.

You rock.

Love,
--Hannah

Bekah said...

Great post, Ab. That's what my life has been like...I feel like I've been straining and stretching and struggling - and getting no where. I keep working and working towards ultimate faith, unconditional love - whatever it is, and yet I realize I haven't reached any goal.

I needed that today - thanks for the lovely encouragement! :) (and Harry is SO adorable!!)

Love ya,
Bekah

Näna said...

Beautifully written. My Mom is always telling me that no matter what I do--and I mean in little and in big things--do it my best. Reach for the highest. But while reaching realize that we can not lift ourself but must rely on our heavenly prince to boost us.

Thank you for this post.

Love,
Brianna

Amber said...

Great post! It really does resonate with beautiful truth.

Life with Kaishon said...

What a beautiful post. The pictures are amazing and your words that go along with them...just perfect. A great reminder. Thank you. So nice to meet you today!

Vickychick said...

Beautiful pictues, and great post! :) Oh, and if you don't mind I awarded you!

Memzie said...

Wow, that is deep, Abigail! I am always impressed with your words.

Lynnette Kraft said...

And Harrison's socks don't match! What's new right? ha!!!

Lovely post daughter.

Katie G. said...

I love the pictures!

I awarded you over at my blog! :)

God Bless!
~Katie G.

croleyc69 said...

Great pictures as well as a Awesome post.
Caroline

Memzie said...

I felt the same way when I found your blog like we were kindred spirits.

Anyways, I tagged you for an award!

Barbie said...

Abigail, this post is simply beautiful. You always cause me to reach down deep. You inspire me. And the picture is oh so cute!

Hope said...

This was an amazing post; full of beautiful truth. Thanks for sharing it. :)

-Hope

Anna Gray said...

Abigail I need to show a girl around your age this blog. She just lost her younger sister a few minutes ago due to a Car wreck.

kittikat said...

Hello, there!
My name is Kaitlin(called KK) and I'm Nana's older sister.

Ifound your button on her blog and decided to check it out...I'm glad I did!

What a great post...such a great truth so well put!
In Christ,
KK

kanishk said...

Thanks for such a lovely and incredible reminder,
post free classified ads

Post a Comment