4.28.2010

Pray Pray Pray...

Before I say anything...I just want to ask you all to pray for my friend, Bekah. She's been struggling with anemia and has been having a hard time of it the past couple of days. Please, go here to read the details...I know she would appreciate prayers!


Now, I can't remember if I told you all this or not, but after the last semester of orchestra, I was moved up to 2nd violins of the Youth Symphony Orchestra, which is the most advanced of the three. I was/am COMPLETELY excited about that! However, I still decided to try out for 1st violins, and my audition is this Friday at 5pm. It's funny, because it's not like I feel like I've got it "in the bag" or anything--I've been practicing a lot, but there are a lot of reasons why I probably won't get in...but somehow I'm not all crazy nervous like I normally am. God must be working the seemingly impossible inside of me right now, because by all means I should be writhing because of the butterflies gnawing at my stomach and I should be cranky all the time without cause...Yup--that, I'm ashamed to say, is my normal reaction to auditions.

So, I decided to humble myself and record the 2 minute excerpt I'll be playing for my audition. I've had a lesson since and learned that I was playing a couple of parts a bit wrong, but I didn't want to have to re-record it, so here's basically where I am.



See, regardless of my peacefulness...I still need your prayers! It's a difficult song, and I'm praying that I'll be able to brush up my bad bowing and pitchy notes in the next 2 days.

Ugh! Here comes Pride! He's making it very difficult to push "Publish Post". I just need to go through that list...the list of reasons why I'm posting this:

1. I need prayer....from you guys!
2. I play for Jesus, not for my own personal gratification.
3. Blogging is for getting real and being vulnerable...and this is a perfect opportunity to do just that.

Ok, I guess I feel better now. Hitting publish.

Oh, and one more thing...since this is only the first page of the song, and I'm learning the whole thing, I'll make sure to get a video of it all when it's finished--spiffied up with a piano accompaniment (which is "brother Jared" business.)


Thank you for the music!
-ABBA

20 comments. :

Barbie said...

I am continuing to pray for Bekah. Your violin playing is beautiful. Praying you do well!

Jenna said...

Oh Abigail,

Your violin playing is truly amazing!! I took Violin lessons several years ago and ah, let's just say you are blessed with talent:)

I'll be praying for your friend Bekah, and you as well!

In Christ,
Jenna

kittikat said...

Praying for you and Bekah...hope all goes well for you both!
-KK

Sereina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sereina said...

Will pray for you and Bekah. You an amazing violist!

Kristin said...

I thought that sounded beautiful, Abigail! I am heading over to visit Bekah's blog now.....

Life Is Crazy Beautiful said...

Brillante! Will be praying for you, of course.

P.S. When you bite on the inside of your lips...are those the tricky parts? ;)

Aunt Lisa

Marissa said...

Your playing is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! I'm sure you'll do great! I'll be praying for you!!! =)
You posting that video reminded me I still have to post mine... I'll have to do that soon. =)
Oh and you comment made me laugh! lol The only reason I look forward to summer is
A) I go to camp for 3 weeks and its the bomb
B) Family vacation and my birthday
Those are the only reasons. Because I, like you, have to do some school in the summer too...blah. so its never really a break, its just not as much. And I hate the hot nasty weather and bugs. ew. I had to kill 3 spiders in the bathroom the other day and they all looked the same... it was like a family or something but they were nasty and yellow and it was just gross. Yeah Summer is overrated. lol. Fall is probably my favorite season. still not a fan of the bugs though. EW!

Haha Guess I'm the chatty one now! lol

love ya!
--Marissa

Stephanie said...

I think I've mentioned before, when I was in school I played the cello in the orchestra for 7 years, so you could say I've got a technical ear... and that was BEAUTIFUL! I know you will be up against others who have talent like yours and that is the scary thing... but I don't think you have anything to worry about. I can't wait to hear the whole thing :)

Linda said...

Ab, you make that look so easy! (:>) I loved it. Grandpa and I will be praying for you...and for your friend.

Love you,
Grams

Lindsay said...

WOW, Abigail.... you play the violin beautifully!! You'll do great. I'll be praying for you, and I'm continuing to keep Bekah in my prayers too!

~ Love & Blessings,
Lindsay <3

carissa @ lowercase letters said...

i don't have speakers... : (. boo hoo! but, that is okay, i know it sounds beautiful! just said a prayer for you! you will do so well.

Memzie said...

WHOA! I am IMPRESSED! But then again I don't know much about orchestra.

*applauding* Three cheers for Abby!

Olivia said...

It sounds absolutely stunning my darling!!!!!! Soooooo beautiful. :)

Kyle Kraft said...

You Rock! I'll be praying for you both!
Love ya!
Pops

Laura aka Lolo said...

That was just beautiful, really!! When my son was going for his 1st chair he was sooo nervous too and I remember telling him--- right before you begin to play stop- take a breath- and remember you are playing for an audience of ONE! Don't think of anyone else tomorrow when you begin to play, not the teacher, not you, just the Lord. No matter what happens after you get done playing you know that God and all the angels will applaud & rejoice. I will pray for peace in your spirit. You are a such a sweet young woman to share your heart. Huggs

Hannah said...

Ab, it's beautiful. Really and truly. You may not be at the level you want to be, but you do play beautifully.

That's what I love about blogging. We have a chance to be real--to be vulnerable out there. To share something personal, or deep.

I'll be praying for you--I'm sure you'll do AMAZING.

Really though...Beautiful.

Love,
--Hannah

Joni said...

Praying that you feel God's comfort and ease about your audition.
Your playing is amazing. Watching the video brought me joy- made me smile. And I know God's smiling down on you, enjoying your playing. :)

Love from a Daughter,
Joni

kanishk said...

That was just beautiful,
post free classified ads

Näna said...

Hey, Ab. I had read this post before but didn't have time to watch the video so here I am now^_^. Anyway, you are fantastico! Lovely! Great job! I am just starting at violin...that is to say...all I can play is a scale^_^

Post a Comment