5.20.2010

Cutenessness from Chaos...ness...ness

Today I decided to do a little "photo shoot" with the boys. I know what you're thinking..."What? She's doing a photo shoot with the infamously photographed little brothers?!" Yes...it's true. Though, this time I took the trouble to get them all dolled...ahem...manned up. I was just sure it was going to be a stunning success!

Well...let me tell you what it's like to have a photo shoot with my brothers. It's not cute and sweet and easy...no, it's more like an army drill. "Jonas! Quit eating pretzels!" "Harrison! Stop moving!" "Silas! Stop making goofy faces!" And so it continued...for a long time. Until finally, Jonas announced, "This is lame. I'm leaving." And so he left the room with a rattling thud from my rickety antique door. Of course, Harrison stayed and cheerfully said "Take a picture ME!", pulling my lens toward his face as he said it. And Silas...dear old Silas...decided to hang around and let me mold him into perfection (well...sorta).


What a little angel, eh?

Ok, so in all actuality, it was a terrible photo shoot that came with some really cute pictures. Thus...IT'S WORTH IT.

Oh, and I learned how to smooth skin tones out today!!!! I'm so excited! I love it, because unless you saw the original, you wouldn't think "Oh, that's been softened", because it looks completely realistic!

Before...



AFTER!!!




Isn't that amazing?!

Now, I did get ONE, lone, little, cute picture of all three boys. But I've gotta admit...it's pretty darn adorable!


Now, if I could only get Silas to rub off on his little brothers. Maybe our photo shoots would be more productive. Maybe there'd be more space for creativity. Maybe it wouldn't be so insane.

Maybe....but I KNOW these memories will be twice as good!

22 comments. :

Lindsay said...

Haha... these are such funny pictures, Abigail! I really love them. That last one's got to be my favorite. SO cute!! :) And all I can say about the smoothing skin tone technique you demonstrated is "WOW." Great job... so natural looking!

~ Love & Blessings,
Lindsay <3

P.S. - I can totally relate to the trouble you had with the photoshoot. Whenever I try to take pics of my brother, he almost always runs away, or puts his hand over my lens. Brothers... LOL ^_^

Lindsay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsay said...

Hmmm... for some reason my comment isn't going through. o_O

Barbie said...

Spectacular! I love the one with the three boys!

Lindsay said...

Oh, there it is... I think. Now I'm going. =)

Linda said...

Great pixs Ab...it was worth all the trouble! They are so cute.

Bekah said...

AH! Ab! Those pictures are SO adorable! I totally know what you mean when you say it was like an army drill - HA! You should see my house! Peter my little brother has me down to a science - "Kay, I'll let you take pictures if you play soccer with me." He knows I'll always say yes. The little bugger is so funny. He could play soccer with me for hours, and then when I'm sweating so hard I can barely walk, I say I'm going in, and he gets SO mad, even though we were playing for literally HOURS. Talk about active. (I'm running a 5k in a few weeks - aren't you proud? That was totally unrelated. But whatevs. :-)

AH! Okay, so I got the free trial of photoshop and I LOVE that tool. I use it all the time! I love it. And I love your use of it on that picture - so cute. And he has stunna eyes. :-)

I LOVE the last two pictures! Ohmiword! SO gorgeous! :-)

Just saying this one last time. You. Are. Insanely. Talented.

Love ya-
Bekah

carissa @ lowercase letters said...

the smooth skin tones thing is awesome!!! i must figure it out, too! although, i'd have to actually be a good photographer for the pics to look as good as yours! your lil' bros are too cute. they could be gap kids models... such handsome lil' fella's.

A Flourishing Perspective said...

The smooth skin edit looks very amazing, and quite professional! Your little brothers are so adorable. I love the picture of all three of them...a fact I love about it your little brother (whichever one is in the middle :P) has his jeans rolled up with his awesome little shoes showing. :)

Fantastic pictures, keep up the great blogging!

Love,
Rachel <3

Cassie said...

Those pictures are adorable, Abigail!!! I have brothers too, so I know how difficult it is to get them to cooperate some times. *smiles*

The smoothed pictures were divine! May I inquire about which program you use?

Love in Christ,
Cassie

Sereina said...

Great pictures, Abigail! My younger sister doesn't cooperate either... But I still end up getting some great shots!

Your skin smoothing looks great!

Blessings!
~Sereina

Cassie said...

Abigail, I'm currently on a Mac so I'll look into Adobe. Thank you so much! I discovered photography about a year ago and now that I've spent all of this time working with my skills with a camera, I think I'm ready to move onto the next step... photo editing!

Thanks again!

Have a beautiful day.

God bless!

Love in Christ,
Cassie

Kyle Kraft said...

Looks like the boys are contemplating a jump in that one of all three. Great photo shoot my dear.

pops

Hannah said...

Oh my goodness! I miss a lot when I head off to dance! That's pretty much how my brothers are. Caleb moans and pulls at his face and goes, "I don't want pictures." And does Harry really say it that way?! Because that's how Eli says it! He always goes, "Picture me, Hannah! Picture me!" I love little kid grammar. <3

As always, your pictures are stunning. The skin softening is great. I don't usually use it because with my point and shoot, the pictures come out too noisy. Bleh. But sometimes, it works. You did amazing--and it looks totally real. And can I just say that you have the best watermark styles ever?! I don't know how you come up with all of that insane coolio/cuteness! You are truly talented, sweet friend!

I love that picture of them all together--they look as if they're plotting something. And Jonas looks like a mini Jared. But Harry and Silas' hair is the best. I love how Silas is guiding Harry (or, at least it looks like it) and he's just walking along. Okay. Enough rambling. You are an amazing photographer. Point spoken. :-)

Keep on taking those pictures, lovely friend!
--Hannah

Hannah said...

Oh, and in my rambly, long drawn out comment, I forgot to say that it's an army drill here. You should've heard me the other day...wait, you probably DID, considering my volume. ;-)

Morgan said...

LOVE the pictures, Abigail! You are an incredible photographer! :-)

Sherrie said...

What adorable little brothers you have. Great photos Ms. Abigail! :)

julie said...

hi abigail! i came over from carissa's blog, and then saw you on my sister's blog (6 inches of ribbon). so, i had to check out your blog. super cute! very artsy! your pictures of your brothers are so good! they are too cute! i'm now a follower!
julie @ julie's jotter
www.julieyaryan.blogspot.com

Emma said...

Abigail --

a) wonderful, beautiful pictures. I wish I could do that!

b) Summer Girl's poem contest is ending today at 11:59! So hurry on over if you've found a poem to enter. If you haven't, I totally understand.
Thanks!

~Emma

Jenilee said...

Great Pictures and edits! :)

Leah Marie said...

I love the photos! That is some awesome editing. My little brother hates it when I take photos of him... =]
~Leah Marie

Näna said...

Awesome. I LOVE their stripes. Stripes are awesome.

Yeah, I just got a version of PS and I so can't wait to try it out!

Post a Comment