6.22.2010

Boredom 101 - Or Not...

The heat has made me go insane the last few days! Something about the sun beating down makes me feel completely claustrophobic--like it's staring me in the face, but I can't look back. I must admit...summer is not my thing. I've been attempting to do my school this week, but I constantly have the urge to move so I won't feel so claustrophobic under the sun. Of course, I can't constantly be going places or indulging in things. So, I've got a few standard distractions that I've found myself returning to:

  • My Violin
    Of course! I've been practicing more, and it feels really good. I would compare the feeling after the perfect amount of practice to the feeling you get after swimming for a couple of hours--completely satisfied, but oddly in need of protein and hydration. Ha! Whoodathunk?


  • Playing Cards
    Mainly with my little bros, but sometimes with Momma and Cecily too. Jonas has an odd talent for all luck-based games. I know...talent has nothing to do with it--but what else do you call it!?


  • Typing


    Yes, I know this is an odd one. I have to admit, typing is a big hobby of mine. I used the program that I learned on (Typing Tutor) for years after I had finished the lessons. It's just too much fun! This weekend, I found a website where you can find how many words you type per minute. My average is...

    94 words

    Typing Speed Test


    ...but I also tried a test on Cecily's typing program and got up to 102. Oh, do I sound like I'm bragging??? ;)


  • Playing Angry Birds


    Ok, so I should be getting self conscious now, because I sound like such a lazy-head! But anyway...Angry Birds is an app on my iPhone, and--Oh my word--It's about the most addicting thing on planet earth. So fun! If you have an iPhone or iTouch, make sure to check it out. You'll never be able to stop playing and you'll wish you hadn't taken my advice! Well, that didn't come out right...


  • Craving Ice Cream


    I've yet to have it this summer....but I'm dying in anticipation! My taste buds are at least. Not so much the part of me that's begging for some long forgotten yoga and no more sugar. Poor thing. I'm so ignorant.


  • Pacing
    Pathetic.


So, here's your chance to look way awesomer than me! What do you do when you're bored?

P.S. Sorry for the lack of personal pics. I don't have access to my computer right now, so I'm having to make do with stock photos. I have a fun idea related to my photos that I promise I'll share with you soon though!