6.14.2010

I Didn't Even Know It Was Missing

In the past couple of months, I've digressed in my rate of progress on the violin, I've felt creatively stifled, almost, and I've seen my empty moments turn from my most flavorful to my dullest. I sat down tonight feeling especially uncreative, and yet determined to write a post. I browsed through my pictures, sat with my head up and my eyes closed, crossed my legs one way, then another, and tapped my fingers wildly on the keyboard. However, the screen remained blank. As a last resort, I opened my iTunes library to sink my tired mind into a nice album.

Twenty minutes of pure listening later, I realize.....I haven't listened to music in too long. I've looked up classical pieces I'm playing on my violin to observe, and looked up new ones for future reference. But I've not just listened to beautiful music in what feels like a long and sleepless night.

I feel alive and awake again. The music is pulsing through my veins again--like a sorely increasing deficiency was immediately satisfied. The texture of cellos is massaging my nerves, and the sweet sound of woodwinds is flying through my hair like a blustery wind.

I feel whimsical!





How does music make you feel?



P.S. Speaking of beautiful music...I almost forgot to tell you all that my brother Jared has a special offer on Symphonize this week! For all of you lovelies that read my blog or my momma's--you can get a two minute blog theme ($65 value) for the price of a one minute (a.k.a. $35)! This offer will only last ONE week (ends June 22nd), so hurry up and head over to get your own personalized blog theme!