6.10.2010

Rainbows in the Sun

How do you guys like my new look? I know....it's a big leap from the last one! I really wanted to go with this new clean and sleek look that so many bloggers are going with these days. I think it still keeps the simple, colorful whimsy that my last design had.

I like how simplicity can make colors stand out more. I like how a bright turquoise necklace can spruce up a plain black outfit. I like how a big pink peony stands out against a plain green bush. It's like life....I may not be a country girl, but I live in the country--so why not take time to appreciate the empty roads and wide open sky?


I may not be Hilary Hahn or Itzhak Perlman, but I still play my violin--because playing isn't about being the best....playing is about the gratification I get from accomplishing something and giving my Creator the credit. I may not like vanilla ice cream as well as chocolate, but since it's there and chocolate isn't, I might as well enjoy what I've got. Perspective is to life as the sun is to the earth; Without it, the world is an empty slate to the naked eye. With it, all the colors of life are there to be seen and appreciated.

When I can see the beautiful array of colors before me, the fact that they blacken without the sun doesn't mean anything. Because Jesus is the only source of true perspective. With Him....the sun will always rise!


The sun is always just a smile away.



You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
Psalm 16:11

I can't wait to hear what you all think! :)