6.02.2010

Two Hours - 2000 Pictures - Crazy Fun!

My momma and I were asked a couple of weeks ago to use our high aspirations of photography to take some senior pics for a couple of friends at our church. Key word, aspirations. I have to admit, I was pretty nervous about this--my momma and I have done two photo shoots in the past (both for family pictures), and both went splendidly, but I didn't really know what to expect out of a senior picture photo shoot. Well...let me just tell you--I now know that it's one of my favorite things to do. Ever. In the world.

Momma and I took turns with our two subjects yesterday morning, experimenting with different angles, locations, and lighting. All in all, we ended up taking almost 2000 pictures.

....mmhmm....you heard me right.

2000



However, out of those 2000ish, we came out with about 60 real winners. A few of which I want to show you.

Our "models" are gorgeous, no?



Look at their eyes!!!








Doesn't she look elegant behind the harp? She plays SO beautifully, and outside with the birds singing and the trees swaying in the background, it created a stunning atmosphere.




I love this one--it captures her personality, which is so fun and quirky!





These last two are probably my favorites of each of them.





It was AMAZINGLY fun! My momma and I have got "the bug" and cannot wait to do some more photo shoots!

Wanna see some of my momma's pics? Oh my word! You do....because they're gorgeous. Check 'em out here!

46 comments. :

Kristen said...

Beautiful photos! And, Happy Birthday! :D Hope you have a fabulous day! Let them (you) eat cake!

Lynnette Kraft said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! HAPPY HAPPY DAY!

DO WE HAVE A BIRTHDAY HERE? YES! WE HAVE A BIRTHDAY HERE. BIRTHDAY HERE. BIRTHDAY HERE. YAY!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to spending the morning with you. I hope you have a very special day, my sweet daughter.
Love,
Momma

~*~ Allison ~*~ said...

Happy Birthday to you (eat more chicken)
Happy Birthday to you (eat more chicken)
Happy Birthday quirky Abigail (eat more chicken)
Happy Birthday to you!!!! (eat more chicken)

Hope you had a wonderfully blessed birthday!

Allison (the 'eat more chicken' is what my son usually says when we sing)

Coby said...

You did a spectacular job on the photos! They're gorgeous!

Stopping by from your Momma's blog to wish you a happy birthday! Hope it's a great one!

Kristin said...

Those are so beautiful! I definitely think you should open a family photography business! Or at least give us some tips on here how you get such great pics. My pics even with my fancy camera still look horrible. Haha!!

Oh, H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y !!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you have the best birthday ever! Of all my years, for some reason I loved being 17 the most! Oh my, now stop reminding me that I'm twice your age! LOL! Seriously, you are a someone so special Abigail and if I could think of anyone who I would love for my girls to be like when they grow up, it would be you. :)

Lindsay said...

Oh, WOW... these pictures are gorgeous, Abigail! You and your mom did a fantastic job!!

And.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you have a fabulous, special, beautiful, amazing day tomorrow. :-)

~ Love,
Lindsay

P.S. - Now we're the same age! ;-)

Alexis said...

Um, I was engaged at seventeen. Kidding. I was eighteen.

Anyway, happy happy day to you, Abigail. I hope your day is perfectly perfect.

And fab job on the pics, too. And the editing! Ah, you're so talented.

And talented people desire awesome birthdays, so have one, K?

Love,
Me, whoever I am :)

Marissa said...

Happy birthday Ab!!!!!!! :D You have an awesome 17th birthday okay? other wise... I'll send my garden gnome after you. *cheesy grin* ( and know I feel like a complete dork. for saying that. lol)

AWESOME job on the pictures and editing! They look absolutely amazing!!

Rock on dude!

Love ya!
--Marissa

Carla said...

Happy Birthday Abigail! Those are some breathtaking photos. Gorgeous and so creative.

Barbie said...

I am sorry I missed your birthday. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! Your photos are stunning. You have a natural eye! I wonder how long it took you to snap 2000 photos? Just curious!

The FitzGerald Family said...

♪♬Happy Birthday, dear Abigail. Enjoy your special day!♬♪

Your friends in CA,
Liz & Shannon

Kate said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful and blessed day!

The pictures are truly beautiful! Thank you for sharing :)

Blessings,
Kate

koalainscotland said...

Happy birthday Miss Abigail! Hope you have a wonderful day.

Laura Anne

Kyle Kraft said...

Happy birthday Ab!!!!! Love ya!

Pops

Lexi said...

HAPPY 17 BIRTHDAY AB!!!!!! Hope you have an awesome day girl!

Those pics are awesome!!! My mom is doing a phtotshoot this weekend for our friends and I'm tagging along!!! hehe =D

LOVE yA!

Mom to 9 Blessings! said...

Happy 17th Birthday Abigail! Yeah I'm posting right after Lexi!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your photos - great JOB!!!!!!

I'm very proud of you :-)

Have a blessed day!
Love,
Jill

claudine@orphanscry.com said...

(((HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU)))

Visiting from your mom's. Loved all of your photos!

Blessings & Hugs from MD :)

Claudine

Stephanie said...

Lovely photos and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Hannah said...

First of all....HAPPY BIRTHDAY AB! My facebook comment was so funky with the formatting...it's almost comical. ;-)

Those picture are gorgeous! Oh my goodness sake! That second picture is my favorite--her eyes are just the most beautiful thing ever. I love all the emotion you captured in the pictures. And aspirations? Love that. You definitely GOT that. I know I've said this before, but I'll say it again, even if I do sound like a broken...ipod. Amazing pictures from an AMAZING AB!

Love you! Happy Birthday, sweet friend! :-)
--Hannah

Michelle said...

Beautiful pictures!!!! Happy Birthday by the way!

Haley said...

Those are fantastic! You did a great job!!

Happy birthday!! :D

Love and hugs,
Haley

Rachel said...

Haaaaaaapy Biiiiiiirthday to YOOUUUU...
Haaaaaaapy Biiiiiiirthday to YOOUUUU...
Haaaaapppy Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirdthday dear
Aaaaabigail.

Happy Birthday to you!!!!!

(now while you sing that in your mind sing it with a deep Minnesooootan accent. Makes it even better.)

I hope you have a blessed day.

And, by the way your pictures are beautiful. You are so talented with photography. The way you can capture a moment is incredible.

Blessings,

Rachel

Kasey said...

Happy birthday!! Those photos are amazing! You have an eye for capturing your subjects personality and mood. What a gift!!!

Have a super day!!!!!!!!!!!

Kasey

Lizzy Bennet said...

Happy Birthday, Abigail! I hope you have a lovely day!

WOW... 2000 pics?! That's a LOT. I don't think I've ever taken that many in my life. Okay... maybe I have. :) But not all at once! That is amazing. My favorite picture is the very last one. Her eyes look so pretty!

Again, I hope you have a VERY happy, lovely, fabulous, splendid birthday!

Love in Christ,
Lizzy

Näna said...

Wow, those are GORGEOUS! Great job!

Oh, and btw, happy birhtday! Have a great day and may your life be filled with love from and for your Savior!

Love,
Brianna

Regan Family Farm said...

Happy Birthday, Abigail!

Janet said...

Just popping over from your mom's blog. Happy birthday, Abigail!

Kelly said...

Hope you have a wonderful Happy Birthday!!!!

Those pics are gorgeous! You are so talented!

Sereina said...

Happy Birthday, Abigail! Have a fantastic day!

Those pictures are so gorgeous!

Bekah said...

Happy birthday, dear Ab - and the pictures are bee-yoo-ti-ful.

Linda said...

Happy Birthday sweet granddaughter! Grandpa and I hope your 17th year will be fantastic!
We are excited to see you tonight at the party.

Hey...you and your momma are so talented.....the photos are beautiful! Pretty girls for your subjects too.

Have a great day...see you tonight.
Love you so much!
Grandma and Grandpa

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Happy, happy birthday to you, sweet Abigail! Hope it's a wonderful day! And...oh, my word, this photos are gorgeous. You and your beautiful mama are just blossoming with gifts and photography appears to be among them! You ladies rock, and I'm blessed to know the whole Kraft family...even if just in blogland!

Love to you...

Leah Marie said...

Good job! You did a fantastic job. :] My sister is getting hers done in a few weeks. They look great!
-Leah

Maggie said...

Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Abigail, happy birthday to you!

Those pictures are beautiful! My favorite one has to be where she is behind the harp. It's so pretty. And I also loved ALL of the close ups. :)

Blessings,
Maggie
www.foreverfindingmybliss.blogspot.com

Stephanie said...

Beautiful photos! You both did a great job. I'd hire you ;)

Happy Birthday! I hope it is a great one.

Kari Watson said...

Hi. Happy birthday from a random stranger who likes creative people! Good work on the photography and editing.

Blessings,
Kari

Landis said...

Happy Birthday Abigail! I hope you have a wonderful day!!!

Jennifer said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY - Hope 17 is the best year yet!!

Diana said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Abigail! Hope you are having an awesome day! Happy Happy Joy Joy! {heart} =)

Beeeeeeeeeeeautiful photos!

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

Happy birthday!! What talent for taking pictures too!! :)

Holly said...

Happy Birthday!! Those pics are amazing!

Rachel M. said...

Happy Birthday, Abigail!!
Great photography. :D

Have a blessed day!

Kelli said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! LOVE YOUR PICS!

Melody said...

WOW! Those pictures are seriously gorgeous! You and your mom have amazing talent! (Not to mention some stunning models!) I bet they'll never be able to decide between all those pictures... ;)

And happy birthday! I hope your day has been wonderful and blessed beyond measure! :D

~Melody

Olive Tree said...

Amazingly gorgeous as usual, Abigail!

Olive Tree
ofhorsefeathers.blogspot.com

BreastCancerSisterhood.com said...

Abigail, Happy belated birthday, and I hope you're still celebrating:) It's so great to be alive! I have a birthday coming up next week as well. As a present to myself, I'm going to see Sting perform with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and am excited.
XOXOXO,
Brenda

Post a Comment