5.18.2011

Yes. You do.

Do you ever have those times when you have SO much to do, and you're COMPLETELY overwhelmed, and you're TRYING to take time for things, but you're just AMAZINGLY busy, and so you DON'T?

Yes. You do.

At least, I hope you do...because I do.

I've been trying so incredibly hard lately to keep everything organized and "together". Writing out to-do lists for myself every day; attempting to eat a well-balanced diet; starting my morning with bible reading, stretching, and exercise; keeping up on the oodles of never-ending laundry that keep piling up; keeping my room clean; remembering dates and times that I need to be places, doing things; practicing violin...and the list goes on and on...and on.

The problem lies in the fact that I'm getting so stuck on the stress of it all...that I end up staring into space, simply being stressed, all the time.

Now, my room is still a mess (though, it's been on my to-do list to clean it for 5 days in a row), I've been eating waaay too much sugar, the laundry isn't going away...and I'm pretty sure my schedule's been almost completely clear for the past week.

What gives?

Momma and I are photographing a wedding tomorrow. Truthfully, I'm completely excited to be able to capture a wedding in photos--it's something I've been wanting to do for a long time--but this same thing has been keeping my mind completely occupied for the past week, rendering me somewhat useless, even to myself.

On Sunday, my daddy said something in church that I really loved...but it didn't come back to me until just now.
"The peace that God gives is greater than the absence of conflicts."

It makes me feel like slapping myself on the forehead. Seriously? All this time, I could have just been resting. Maybe I still wouldn't have gotten everything done that I wanted to...but this constant clench I've been in could have been avoided.

...and so, this experience has become more than simply photographing a wedding. Now, it's spiritual.

Praise God--even though it may sometimes take a little bit of falling behind and a headache--it all goes right back to Him, and regardless of my freaked out mind, He always manages to speak His wisdom right into my soul.

Peace...cleanse my overactive thoughts.

...this picture is just random and whimsical...because that's how I feel after writing through this. So, there ya go. :)