9.02.2011

Something Exciting is On Its Way!

My momma and I are expecting something exciting to arrive in the mail today.

What is it?

Well, it's our new Canon T3i! We're inexpressibly excited! It's become increasingly difficult to share one camera. So, several members of the family and I put our heads (and wallets) together, and now our beautiful new camera is on its way to our door!

The excitement of having two cameras in the house again (one of which is quite an upgrade from our current camera) has inspired me to start snapping away again.

Isn't it amazing how many special things there are all around us, when we just take the time to look for them?


This morning's breakfast was a special treat. Gluten free waffles, covered in butter and maple flavored brown rice syrup, with a tall glass of milk, and pink himalayan sea salt sprinkled on top. YUM!


Silas and Jonas have been enjoying the new stack of books that Momma bought at the library sale this last week. I love watching them disappear into the world of the stories. I would love to be able to step inside their wondrous minds - feel what they feel as they read.


We were home alone with the kiddos last night, so Jared sat down at the piano and began playing through our Beauty and the Beast piano/voice book. It took all of about ten seconds for Cecily and I to assume our positions at his side, singing in our most animated, Disney voices.


Soon after we began, Harrison came round, begging to sing one of his favorite songs, "Sunrise, Sunset", from Fiddler on the Roof.


He loves it when Momma reads him this book, and sings the song to him - he sings along, and throughout the day, you may at any point find him singing it in his sweet, little boy voice. Precious.


...And, last but not least, fresh bottles of homemade kombucha tea are currently sitting in our kitchen, compliments of my stunning mother. This is one of those things that consistently thrills me. Planning on a nice 8 ounce serving with lunch.

{Linking up with the lovely Rachel Martin's Friday Favorites}


Rest assured, soon you will be hearing all about our new camera. So, I'm asking for name suggestions!

What should Momma and I name our new Canon T3i?

à bientôt!


P.S. Need a laugh? Go watch mine and my momma's last vlog. We're stupid, and we know it! Ha!