11.11.2011

Authentic People Blog Party!

The day has come for our Authentic People Blog Party to begin! I'm so excited to get to visit all of you and get to know you better!



Here's how this works...

{write a post}

Introduce yourself. If you want, tell us a bit about who you are & why you blog.

Then, tell us some of those weird things that not everybody knows - the things that make you unique.

Below is a list of questions that you can answer any or all of. Or, if you're feeling creative, answer some of your own questions!

Make it wordy or brief, picture-full or not, fun or funny...whatever floats your boat!

{post your link}

At the bottom of this post, you'll see a form where you can enter the link to your blog post. Make sure to add your post to the list, so we can find you!

{meet new people}

Hop around and get to know some of the authentic people who are joining in. It's more fun if everyone comments on a few blogs!

{win a prize}

The day after the blog party ends (November 25) I'll be announcing the lucky winners of six fantastic giveaways, including a items from each of my wonderful sponsors (see sidebar)! Plus, one bonus prize will be awarded to someone who shares about the blog party via Facebook or Twitter, and comments on this post telling me.

See complete list of prizes here!

And so, it begins!

{Click here for a list of questions you can copy and paste into your party post}

Hello, I'm your host...Abigail. :)



1} What's the nerdiest/geekiest/weirdest thing about you?
Where to start? My brother, Jared, always likes to tease me about the "nerd cackle" that slips out of me sometimes ... but overall, the nerdiest thing about me would have to be my adoration for all things Apple.



I even name my Apple products. My iPhone 4 is Carl Mason, and my iMac is Rico Phillip "Robbie" Bates III. They're not the first of their kind either. I've been hooked on Apple products since I was about 12 years old.

2} If you could live in a fictional universe from any book, movie, or television show, what would it be?
Well, this would have to be the second nerdiest thing about me. I would choose to live inside of Smallville. Lois and I would fail at making pancakes together, and then I'd go and geek out at Watchtower with Chloe Sullivan. After that, I'd have a little chat with Clark, BEGGING him to tell Lois that he's the red-blue blur (even though I know he's only trying to protect her), and in the end, we'd all sit around the Christmas tree in Clark's living room, drinking steaming mugs of black coffee and wearing awesome Christmas sweaters, talking about all of our greatest memories, and how family is so important.

Yes. Smallville.

(NOTE: For those of you who watch Smallville, I haven't seen season 10 yet, so please, no spoilers!!! That ... might just kill me.)

3} Little or big, practical or frivolous, what is one of your favorite items in your house?
This wall. In my room.



Something about it completely thrills me. Not totally sure what, but for sure, something! Ha!

4} Do you like animated movies? If so, what is your favorite?
YES! Oh my word, yes I do. Some of my absolute favorite movies are animated. "Shrek" is a consistent favorite of mine - I love that entire series with a passion. I've probably seen those movies 50 times each. Ha! However, I'd have to say my all-time favorite animated movie is "Ratatouille". Love it love it love it.

5} What is your favorite household chore?
At first, I thought this was an easy question, because I love doing laundry. But then, I remembered vacuuming, and I got all confused. So, I'll just say vacuuming AND laundry. Final answer! (P.S. Fun fact...my brother and I wrote a goofy song and made a video about our amazing Oreck Forever Series Gold vacuum. Check it out here if you want to see the most epically awful AMAZING salsa dancing ever!)

6} What's your favorite thing to get at Starbucks (or your favorite coffee shop)?
That really depends on my mood. I think my consistent favorite is a triple grande peppermint white mocha with half the syrup, but I love them all! Triple grande caramel macchiatos might be tied for first, though.



7} What is your favorite pizza topping?
If I had my way, every pizza would be made with pepperoni, anchovies, and jalapeƱos! I like strong flavors.

8} Waffles or pancakes?
WAFFLES! Breakfast, lunch, or dinner, waffles.



9} Do you like to play games? If so, what is your favorite?
I love to play games. Especially with my momma, who is just as competitive as I am. My favorite game is probably Boggle. Mainly because I can't really remember the last time anyone beat me at Boggle. I'm a warrior. :]

10} Have you ever let anyone win a game?
Only a couple of times. Hardly ever. I like to win too much.

11} Have you ever dyed your hair?
No, but the fact that I'm 18 years old and have had sporadic grey hairs since I was 14 makes me think I probably will someday.

12} Do you make your bed every morning?
Pffff!!! (no.)

13} Picasso or Norman Rockwell?
Picasso. Norman Rockwells paintings are eerily perfect. Also, I find it strange that every time I try to type "Norman Rockwell", my fingers automatically type "Normal" instead. It's suspicious.



See what I mean?


14} Do you like carpet, tile, or hardwood floors?
Hardwood in every room, except for the bathroom. The bathroom gets tile. Carpet is blah.

15} If you could put one thing in a safe under your bed, what would it be?
Multiple digital backups of old family videos. I hate the thought of losing those!

16} What's your favorite condiment?
Horseradish mustard, all the way, baby!

17} Have you ever thrown up on someone (excluding when you were a child)?
... I don't think so. Leastwise, I don't remember if I did. I did vomit all over the place one time though, and my mom had to clean it up. My mom loves me a lot. Ha!

18} What was the last thing that made you laugh?
Ok, don't make fun of me. "Fred 2: Night of the Living Fred". Yes, it's true.

19} Think fast...what's the first song that pops into your head?
"I Have a Dream" by ABBA. I swear, that song never leaves my head!


Happy blogging, buddies! I'm looking forward to reading all about the "authentic you's" out there!



Click here to view full list of prizes!